tips and tricks to squeeze more spl

Hey forum, I've just recently become heavily addicted to bass upgrading from entry level lanzar stuff to real equipment and wow! After a week I finally sat down and tuned my gain with a multimeter with a friend's help and man.... what a difference... I'm louder and hit lower. My question is what are some little tricks that you all do specifically to extract more SPL?

Are you looking to up your meter score or loudness to the ear? A lot of the "little tricks" will increase your score but wot really make an audible difference for the listener....also there is a thread on here called SPL Gains. If you search for that, there is a lot of good info in there for you. Maybe someone else can get you a link, I'm on mobile.

Team NorthWestSPL

Hey forum, I've just recently become heavily addicted to bass upgrading from entry level lanzar stuff to real equipment and wow! After a week I finally sat down and tuned my gain with a multimeter with a friend's help and man.... what a difference... I'm louder and hit lower. My question is what are some little tricks that you all do specifically to extract more SPL?

how was your gain tuned if i may ask?

how was your gain tuned if i may ask?
with a dmm?

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

This guy does it similar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpE6QQi--Lg , another problem I had was using the bass boost which is at like 40hz where most of my music is in the high 20s or low 30s lol

i checked out one of his link it included a few bad formulas

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

1. This guy does it similar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpE6QQi--Lg , another problem I had was using the bass boost which is at like 40hz where most of my music is in the high 20s or low 30s lol

i checked out one of his link it included a few bad formulas

hmm just watched the video I think your right, but I was just trying to find one for reference

What did you upgrade to? Something tells me you are trying to turn some shitty subs into powerhouses. I don't believe you tuned your amp with a dmm, since it won't tell you if the amp is clipping only how much power you are producing. Also, what makes you think your music is in the low 30's to high 20's? Unless your listening to rave music or bass master tracks constantly you won't be dipping that low very often. Majority of hip hop will be in the 40's and 50's. I don't know about other genres.

Archived