Sundown Audio

Great Watt Per Dollar Amp

TZspeakersZac

I mean, I am more than willing to accept your knowledge, I didn't take what you were saying as a suggestion so much as you saying it was stupid of me. I realize that, I just didn't think I had alternatives, and did not think that the amps were unable to handle that low of a load. I was reading too hastily. My bad :/

Nah man, it's cuz of the bass.

Okay, so this is way off of the original thread, but if you guys think that the box will NOT sound like shit if I go lower on power, can you explain why? I'm not trying to blow cash here, I just want music... If I can wire to a higher impedance and not get messed up results, I totally will. I'm just going on my knowledge of 4th orders, which is, while decent, probably nowhere near the level of your understanding(s). I was under the impression that low port flow would sound jacked up to no end.

your sooooooooooo muff.

Build's consist of:

2004 Chevy Impala :

Pioneer--------------------- DEH-X8600bs Soundqubed/AQ------ Q4-120

Rockford Fosgate---- Punch-500.4

Soundqubed/AQ----- Q1-3500D.1 Alpine----------------- 6.5's & 6x9's

Subs: TBA All Knukonceptz and SHCA wire and rca's

Home Music Setup

(4) Soundqubed HDS200 15's in two separate 15.5 cubic foot enclosures tuned to 31 hrz --- XM radio hardwire

Updates coming all the time on both builds

n8ball2013

"bullshit. Everything fits. If you cut enough."

I have no idea how to further explain what it is I'm trying to say without making myself seem contradictory.

Okay, so this is way off of the original thread, but if you guys think that the box will NOT sound like shit if I go lower on power, can you explain why? I'm not trying to blow cash here, I just want music... If I can wire to a higher impedance and not get messed up results, I totally will. I'm just going on my knowledge of 4th orders, which is, while decent, probably nowhere near the level of your understanding(s). I was under the impression that low port flow would sound jacked up to no end.

your sooooooooooo muff.

I have no idea how to further explain what it is I'm trying to say without making myself seem contradictory. I should have worded that as "I hate to waste money, but at this point I see little alternative".

you think you want bass? i havent even done a 140 in the past two years. i have two dc woofers, two aq 1200's and two fosgate 200a4's just sitting in my room, not to mention like four sets of mids and highs. and i cant even use them.

Will you take the cover off one of those 1200's and take some photos? For the love of amp guts and the amp guts section?

David Bailey has some photos in amp guts but I want MACRO. ahemm we want macro

Build's consist of:

2004 Chevy Impala :

Pioneer--------------------- DEH-X8600bs Soundqubed/AQ------ Q4-120

Rockford Fosgate---- Punch-500.4

Soundqubed/AQ----- Q1-3500D.1 Alpine----------------- 6.5's & 6x9's

Subs: TBA All Knukonceptz and SHCA wire and rca's

Home Music Setup

(4) Soundqubed HDS200 15's in two separate 15.5 cubic foot enclosures tuned to 31 hrz --- XM radio hardwire

Updates coming all the time on both builds

n8ball2013

"bullshit. Everything fits. If you cut enough."

-_- I'm seriously really sorry about creating such an upset. Call it stupidity. But it seems like CT, AQ, and crescendo are going to be the ways to go anyway. Also, can someone explain to me a few things that I seriously don't know about.
1) How will the amp see my starting load, I was under the impression that there is rise at all frequencies?

2) How will low port flow not affect my sound?
3) Why would an amp pop protect at a low load such as .125? I've run .25 before...
4) I'm concerned about the BC's now. I planned to run them bridged to 1.4 per strap... Is this too low?

you think you want bass? i havent even done a 140 in the past two years. i have two dc woofers, two aq 1200's and two fosgate 200a4's just sitting in my room, not to mention like four sets of mids and highs. and i cant even use them.

Damn, you must be a patient individual. For real.

The only amps I have seen wired that low and run are the b2. I am looking for the link now, but I know of a pair of m1u wired at .35 strapped that just kept going.

In the 4000w range, you are going to be looking at the zero1 or zero.5.

I have a zero1 here for testing and it is supposed to do about 5k at .5ohm. We will see.

Archived