3 way speaker placement

KenC210

Since I have the factory 3 way speaker locations in my tundra I was thinking of installing a 3 way component set in the factory locations. What are some thoughts on that or would it be just the same as getting a good 2 way component set?

6x9 in the door, tweeter in the sail panel, 3.5 under the dash. There is also a 3.5 center speaker. Came factory with the JBL audio option. Either way the JBL system doesn't suffice my needs and it's not that great either. Just wanted the factory navigation.

i had a 2012 Tundra and the 2 way component set was enough.

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

Well in my escape I never did get around to finishing i have a spare AQ120.4 already but I only plan on doing the front and leave the rear the way they are in the tundra. I was looking at the rainbow, hertz, cdt, and diamond. Only problem is I have no local dealers with any of those brands except for hertz. I have no way of really hearing them. So since I have the factory locations already a good 3 way would be a good idea? Just wondering because there are some price differences with 2 ways and 3 ways. If I put the money out for a good 3 way would it be better performance or up to par with a great 2 way of the same price comparison?

Well in my escape I never did get around to finishing i have a spare AQ120.4 already but I only plan on doing the front and leave the rear the way they are in the tundra. I was looking at the rainbow, hertz, cdt, and diamond. Only problem is I have no local dealers with any of those brands except for hertz. I have no way of really hearing them. So since I have the factory locations already a good 3 way would be a good idea? Just wondering because there are some price differences with 2 ways and 3 ways. If I put the money out for a good 3 way would it be better performance or up to par with a great 2 way of the same price comparison?

Archived