New Build

I will start by saying yes I am a noob, and appologize if I just throw it all out there. I have had a couple of beginner setups, but I just blew my Pioneer tsw3002d4's and I am looking to upgrade from a sub standpoint. The amp I have is a Hifonics BRX 2400.1d, I know this is not top of the line, but its what I am working with. The sub(s) I am going to purchase will be going into a 2013 Kia Optima. I have been told that the amount space I have in trunk will limit what I can realistically do. This is my everyday car and my wife would kill me if I walled it off. I have been looking at subs and to be honest I want a SPL set up something that is very LOUD. I have been browsing subs came across Ascendant Audio Mayhem 12, and FI SP4 15. If I were to go with either of these two companies I would do a single sub. There are two companies who I would feel comfortable doing the install but one of them is pushing DD 3512's Which I would get two of those. I know enough that the DD's are expensive and would get more bang for my buck by going with Fi or AA. Please help, what are your thoughts?

I would go for the SP4 if you have the room. you got 15.4cuft but I don't know the exact dimensions. Look at Steves ISF build trunks look similar to me. Those SP4s are monsters.

First welcome to the forum. Try not to post anything that will be viewed as a VS thread. On the other hand those are both good subs but I personally would run the SP4. Also look at DC Audio subs or SQ Subs. Just don't limit yourself to only a couple brands unless your set on one or the other but there are many options out there. Good luck.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

I have looked at the SP4's the look vicious. I have seen some vids on you tube about the SP4's and also Mayhem's I have seen these set up in cars like Altima's, which don't have a huge space for these types of subs. What I would like to know is 15.4 cubic adequate space for either 1 mayhem or sp4? And would the sub get sufficient amount of power with BRX 2400.1d?

No vs threads please

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived