bigmizzle99 Posted January 29, 2014 Report Posted January 29, 2014 I'm keeping my stock HU. It feeds a Bose amp. The Bose amp has 2 molex style plugs. One plug contains what I believe are Low Level inputs for Front L&R and Rear L&R. I'm thinking of cutting and splicing RCAs into the signal wires. Question...does anyone see an issue with signal degradation or introduction of noise by splicing and soldering in some RCAs? I can either tap these low level inputs or tap the high level outputs. I think I prefer tapping the source low level inputs but looking for opinions. Camaro SS Build Altima build 2.0 Altima build 1.0
bigmizzle99 Posted January 30, 2014 Author Report Posted January 30, 2014 What ?? No one has an opinion on this? 10,000 members and there is not one other person that kept their stock HU (with Bose amp in trunk) and replaced the OEM amps with aftermarket amps and subs? Sheeesh. Camaro SS Build Altima build 2.0 Altima build 1.0
bmxscion Posted January 30, 2014 Report Posted January 30, 2014 I was helping a friend tune his system and I seen some shady wiring so I traced it, and found that this was exactly how his RCA's were wired into his factory harness except his was tapped in the harness at the B-pillars. He just had a a sub amp and two 10's with everything else factory and it worked. I had to re-solder the connections b/c the bare wires were just twisted together and taped. I can't believe he paid someone to do that to his car. I am not sure if this info will help you, but I have seen it done in this case. I did not like leaving it hooked up like that but in the end at least I knew the connections were at least good and it was tuned and it sounded much better than when I started to mess with it. Hopefully someone else that has experience with this can chime in and offer more guidance. Build Log Here: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161307-scion-xb-sundown-mechman-xs-power-rockford-fosgate-jbl-build-log/ You Tube Here: https://www.youtube.com/user/korndoggg31?feature=mhee
bigmizzle99 Posted January 30, 2014 Author Report Posted January 30, 2014 Thanks for the reply. Did you notice any sonic degradation while twisted vs soldered? I'm assuming in my case that these "inputs" (as they are labeled in the AV Nav Wiring manual) are low level. Its just wiring, so splicing and soldering *shouldn't* be awful. If I used the speaker output as high level input into something like the 3sixty3, I still need to splice and solder. Camaro SS Build Altima build 2.0 Altima build 1.0
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.