Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Subwoofers better then alpine type r?


avenged4life

Recommended Posts

Posted

Which one is better is hard to say.

I personally prefer FI's gear because subs is all they do and they have a pretty stellar track record. A base SSD will take 1200 clean watts all day. an optioned out ssd might take closer to 1700-1800 watts.

A SA-12 will take 600-800 all day. maybe more

I can assure you an sa-12 can take 1200 watts with ease

Edit: in all honesty, if I was in your position I'd try out the hds3 12 from soundqubed. they look like they're going to be fanastic budget subs

Posted

Up grade your amp man. As every ine has said your under powering them and your box is to smell

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Posted

Up grade your amp man. As every ine has said your under powering them and your box is to smell

speaking of amps. did you figure out if your prime was fried or what?

Build's consist of:

2004 Chevy Impala :

Pioneer--------------------- DEH-X8600bs Soundqubed/AQ------ Q4-120

Rockford Fosgate---- Punch-500.4

Soundqubed/AQ----- Q1-3500D.1 Alpine----------------- 6.5's & 6x9's

Subs: TBA All Knukonceptz and SHCA wire and rca's

Home Music Setup

(4) Soundqubed HDS200 15's in two separate 15.5 cubic foot enclosures tuned to 31 hrz --- XM radio hardwire

Updates coming all the time on both builds

n8ball2013

"bullshit. Everything fits. If you cut enough."

Posted

Which one is better is hard to say.

I personally prefer FI's gear because subs is all they do and they have a pretty stellar track record. A base SSD will take 1200 clean watts all day. an optioned out ssd might take closer to 1700-1800 watts.

A SA-12 will take 600-800 all day. maybe more

I can assure you an sa-12 can take 1200 watts with ease

Edit: in all honesty, if I was in your position I'd try out the hds3 12 from soundqubed. they look like they're going to be fanastic budget subs

I can assure you my sa15 wont take a clamped 1100rms "with ease". It will take it,but it will start to smell around 120 seconds of 34hz burp. With music it will get smelly in 10 minuits. I have never had a problem,but the coils are getting darker and thats what happens when you take any woofer near the edge. Im pretty sure it will be louder then the type-r's. But 1200rms daily is to much to have safe fun on that woofer. Yes,many people do it but there are other factors and disappointments that thay are not informed of when taking a woofer past its limits on the edge.

*edit- coming from a sundown nuthugger with almost the whole sundown woofer line-up in my closet

Posted

2.5" coils wont last when beat on them with over 1000w constant clamped. its just too small an area for heat dissipation.

Posted

if your Gonna upgrade you're subs to more than 1000w rms then you need a bigger amp! and your subs are only getting 500w rms.

Your logic is pretty much confusing me.... they are ran in series at 2 ohms on a monoblock with an rms of 1k watts.... *sigh*

But everyone else thank you for your answers haha :D

I think he is trying to say that each woofer is only receiving about 500w of RMS power, because your amplifier only runs 1,000W rms, so each woofer will take half.

It made pretty clear sense to me, but I can't say for sure 100% if that's what he meant.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2631 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...