Second Skin Audio

Box help and ideas

KenC210

yep. I hope someone else comes in here to help. Like i said. I can steer you away from a bad design. But to get a really good design you will have to ask someone else.

I'm not sure how well the vented pole will be affected by being that close to the back of the box. Might cause some noise issues or may not.

Hope you get some better help.

Max dimensions 58 W x 17 H x 9.5 D1 x 6.125 D2

I get 5.31 cuft before displacement or bracing and wood is 3/4 or I get 5.86 cuft before displacement or bracing in the torres calc. I am wanting to do 4 sa 10's but curious about volume restrictions. Wanting to do aero port to help save space but was unsure how to plug it in the torres. I checked at PSP-inc.com and it said 8.13215 for 35hz so I plug 8.175 but shows me im at 30hz in torres.

You need at least 1 4" aero per sub or 2 6" aeros. Torres will not be accurate with more than one aero.

Max dimensions 58 W x 17 H x 9.5 D1 x 6.125 D2

I get 5.31 cuft before displacement or bracing and wood is 3/4 or I get 5.86 cuft before displacement or bracing in the torres calc. I am wanting to do 4 sa 10's but curious about volume restrictions. Wanting to do aero port to help save space but was unsure how to plug it in the torres. I checked at PSP-inc.com and it said 8.13215 for 35hz so I plug 8.175 but shows me im at 30hz in torres.

You need at least 1 4" aero per sub or 2 6" aeros. Torres will not be accurate with more than one aero.

At least 1 aero port per sub if they are 4"? That 2 6" is for the 4 subs?

Im thinking of using 1/2" birch and make sure its well braced to give me a bit more room at the rear of the subs. What do you think?

Alright so fooling around with sketch up and from PSP i would need a length of about 21" of port. Now how important is the position of the port? Would it be alright to have to port above the subs? Just asking because my subs would be at the bottom and the port as high to the top as i can. Also if i do 4 4" ports the port would be less then 1/2" away from the subs magnet. would that be ok or should i just stick with the 2 6"? I have not really done aero ports before so I am not very knowledgeable of them. I have done it once but it was really basic.

1/2" is way too thin IMO, you can do the ports partially external to save space.

I Think I would be around 4cuft if I use 3/4 and 2 6" aeros so I believe that could be ok. Thing I'm worried about is how far the subs would be far the rear wall.

Archived