Second Skin Audio

Subwoofers not as loud as they should be?

mmotux

do you have the XM-8787 C model amp?

No the XM-6666

so you have an amp that does 80x2 at best. What amp does he have?

I don't know that company, but looking at their ratings and how inflated their max power rating are, id say you are probably doing 50x2 realistically.

well ok then

your going to get a lot of butthurt talking about gain like that. gain is not a volume knob. before touching it learn about it. google search what a gain really is. once you have an understanding of that you will most likely hit your self in the head for being stupid or at least feel like you should.

secondly, just becuase you have the same subs doenst mean you will get the same sound. acoustics is a bitch.

third, just because your box is bigger doesnt mean you will have more output. there is a point at which will be to big just like at a point it will be to small. you have to find the best size for your car/setup.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

No the XM-6666

I don't know that company, but looking at their ratings and how inflated their max power rating are, id say you are probably doing 50x2 realistically.

I also have two other shit amps. A sony 600 and a DUAL 350 or something. Not sure what would be best to run the 12's though.... The sony wont run on 2ohms I already tried. So hmmm.

No the XM-6666

I also have two other shit amps. A sony 600 and a DUAL 350 or something. Not sure what would be best to run the 12's though.... The sony wont run on 2ohms I already tried. So hmmm.

give us model numbers of the sony and dual amps. watt ratings of any amp means nothing because there could be 10 different model amplifiers from that company that do X watts.

Archived