Anyone have one of the romanian wasr10s?

My buddy is a manager at a dunhams around here and told me he could hook me up with one(high cap mags of course) with collaspable stock for like 230... it's sooo cheap that I want to get one... but is it worth it? seems too good to be true.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

You've gotta ask yourself one simple question. What will it be used for.

Here's why I ask (and yes this is the serious side of me coming out). I have many rifles including AK's. The biggest problem with AK's is that people flaunt them, giving them a bad name. These rifles have a notoriously bad history of people using them for horrible crimes. So immediately owners of these weapons are flagged as bad people.

So..with that out of the way I go back to..what will it be used for? If you're just going for Plinking..yeah AK's are fun. If your going for any type of accuracy, there are better weapons out there. You've gotta remember that when AK's were made, they were made for two things, one was reliability (hense the really loose tolerances) and two was to just spray bullets and scare the enemy away.

Here's a little video comparing the M16 to the AK.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

It would be used to just plink around... maybe go coyote or wild boar hunting with. I'd like to build up an AR15 but the funds situation says no right now. I just thought holy shit that is cheap when he told me.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Thats a good video. Damn I love the Discovery Chanel. That and the History chanel. Did you notice, when they shot that ak at the 8" wood blocks, that old guy jerked the hell outta that trigger. Its no wonder he couldnt group for crap.

Seriously thuough if your looking to plink or hunt there are better guns. I used to have an ak and it was fun just not really good for anything. Atleast not till someone invades the U.S.

doalogo-1.jpg

AK's were made to be extremely reliable and to kill not to spray and scare people...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yes their accuracy at long distances is shit compared to .223/5.56 but their reliability and low maitenance more than make up for that.... I can get good groups at 150yds with my AKs.... a guy I shoot with is pinpoint accurate at 225-250yds it just takes time.

If I could have only 1 type of assault rifle Id take my AK's over my ar 15/15 and m4's in an instant...

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

AK's were made to be extremely reliable and to kill not to spray and scare people...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hate to tell ya buddy..but you might want to go take a look at the history this weapon and Kalishnakov himself. The AK was made back when automatic weapons were first being invented by the Germans in the 40's. The design for the AK was first drawn up in 1942 and the first prototype was completed in 1947. Mikhail Kalashnikov himself stated that he had to 1) make a rifle that was lighter and more reliable than the German auto loader 2) that had a more readily available and stronger caliber 3) had a very high rate of fire, high enough to make the enemy stay in the trenches (this is described as fear).

This was a time when wars were fought in fields. Kalishnakov knew that if he could development a portable and reliable auto feeding weapon with a high rate of fire that would keep the enemy in the trenches due to fear and flying rounds, this would in return allow the russians to gain an advantage by moving in on the enemy. This weapon was designed to be reliable and spray bullets.

As far as accuracy, keep in mind that with what I posted above, I am not comparing accuracy of this to the 223. I posted that video as it was has some good information on the AK. Let's talk about accuracy, I visit the range multiple times a week and am always doing cqb, unsupported and bench shooting drills. Being on the bench sandbagged in with an SLR several of us at the range can not get better than a 4" group at 100 yards. That is managable, but definately not something that I personally am not happy with (i can do better with a 10/22). 7.62 used to be an awesome round to take out shooting cause it was cheap. Now, this round is actually getting more expense than others due to the fact that it is manufactured overseas and has to be imported. In time, you will see this round not be imported any more into the states. That's why I suggest looking around at different weapons with greater accuracy.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD