agf144 Posted February 17, 2014 Report Posted February 17, 2014 What are the max dimensions you can work with? Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird.. He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke. 2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12 Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601 headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock mids/highs: shitty off brand
timc31610 Posted February 17, 2014 Report Posted February 17, 2014 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/181624-sq-hds312d4-box-build-questions/#entry2691929 This thread has all of my pics, torres shots and a vid. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
John Fassetta Posted February 18, 2014 Author Report Posted February 18, 2014 Very cool build. I like it a lot and yeah, similar space issues. The max dimensions I have can vary a bit dependent on which direction I go (I'm wanting to keep the box with 90 degree corners. No experience, lack the tools to build an angled box). After measuring a lot I think if I build a more cube shaped box for one sub I can stretch it to 5ft3 at max. Given all of yalls recommendations I'm planning on ditching the 2 12's idea and going for either an American Bass XFL or HD. Given that I have either 1600 watts at 2 ohms or 2200 at 1 ohm which sub and how many watts would yall recommend for 1 15? I think I can do one XFL on 2200rms, but if I'll likely blow it should I do an HD on 2200 or the XFL on 1600? Thanks and sorry for dragging this out so much and changing the plan so many times. Its only cause I'm listening to the input, promise haha.
timc31610 Posted February 20, 2014 Report Posted February 20, 2014 I would go with the HD on 2200, most bang for your space and the space requirements are pretty close to the same. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
ModestDb Posted February 20, 2014 Report Posted February 20, 2014 Any of the subs you've mentioned will satisfy your ears penchant for quality. The biggest audible factor you'll have won't be in the sub choice in your case. It will be the in the box. Build the right enclosure and sq won't be a problem. That being said, I would agree that 1 hd on 2200 or close to 2200 (if the amp does rated) would be more bang for your buck. You also wouldn't be disappointed with 1 xfl on 1600 either. Mine was definitely louder than my type r 15 with better sq.. 4 American Bass VFL 8" at 0.5 ohm Soundstream Tarantula 3000.1D at 0.5 ohm 32 hz ported box designed by Mark at Car Audio Fabrications XS D1200 secondary with Stinger isolator
G-Rad Posted February 21, 2014 Report Posted February 21, 2014 I can honestly say from Experience that the SoundQubed HDS3 12 is everything it's cracked up to be and much more. Those things play very nice and if in the proper box, very low. My cousin and I are doing a build in his Focus that includes one of these in a 2.57 cube box (gross) tuned to 30Hz after displacement. Fitting two of these drivers into a 4 cube box is not going to work. I'd go with a single 15 as suggested in a previous post. Unless you can build a bigger box, I'd either go with a single 15 or 2 10's. All 3 sizes have a 3" voice coil and have a D2 or D4 option, capable of 1200 RMS and 2400 Max (and if clean, I can aussure they'll do much more RMS power) BASS MEKANIK RECORDS "Audio Implosion" & "SubSonic Guillotine" available anywhere digital music is sold! 2007 Ford Focus (NOTE: My cousin's build I helped him with) Pioneer H/U (4) Absolute Dome Tweeters on A & C pillars Scosche HD683A's in front doors Fosgate R168x2's in rear doors SoundQubed HDS312 in custom 2.57 Ft^3 @ 30Hz Audiopipe APCL-1800.1D Q-Mat Audio Technix 0 Gauge 119aH/850CCA Marine Deep Cycle batteries YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DWRhythm
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.