Sundown Audio

Running my amp at lower impedance than it's meant for?

chrisw.

3 times this thread was necroed lol And I dont understand why people do this other then the people that do strictly burps.   .(think slew is what it’s called can’t remember nd on cell phone so to lazy to look it up).  the slew rate takes a dive every time you lower the ohm load so for music it doesn’t make sense.. the  lower the slew rate the less control the amp can have over the sub .... you want to combat impedence rise get a bigger amp then what your subs need headroom isn’t a bad thing anyways.. 

10 hours ago, CstrokerV said:

3 times this thread was necroed lol And I dont understand why people do this other then the people that do strictly burps.   .(think slew is what it’s called can’t remember nd on cell phone so to lazy to look it up).  the slew rate takes a dive every time you lower the ohm load so for music it doesn’t make sense.. the  lower the slew rate the less control the amp can have over the sub .... you want to combat impedence rise get a bigger amp then what your subs need headroom isn’t a bad thing anyways.. 

You mean 5 times 

You were the 4th, I'm 5th and 3rd

Y

Archived