Sundown Audio

Amp selection

ModestDb

This isn't a verses thread per se. I don't want to jock for brand. I want to talk numbers although I have to name two brands I currently have as options.

I'm running a 15" Memphis Mojo (orange basket) D2 in a 3.75 cu. ft. box tuned to 32 hz. This is in a Camry trunk. It's built with sub facing up, port currently facing rearward.

The options I have are a Sundown saz1500 or a Crescendo bc2000 for $25 less than the sundown. Both amps are used but nearly new condition and sweet deals.

I'm not aiming to put up competition numbers. I listen to basically all rap or bass tracks in my car. I like deep low bass...think Gucci Mane "swang my doors" or Wiz Kahlifa "on my level" or Yelawolf "pop the trunk". I like windshield flex. Also on my previous amps the bass note to Bun B "Everything" could be heard from blocks away.

I did meter once with my old set up just for fun. Same setup but with two sound storm laboratories evolution 4000 models strapped. No big 3 at the time, 1 extra battery and did a 138.7 at the headrest, back seats down playing chamillionaire "ima rep texas". Those amps got sold.

I plan to do the big 3 this time and 1 extra battery again. What will get me as loud or louder this time around given my choices and not overpower the sub? Which power source will get me where I want to be safely? Warranty and CS is of no consequence or concern to me. Just looking at proper output power for my sub.

4 American Bass VFL 8" at 0.5 ohm

Soundstream Tarantula 3000.1D at 0.5 ohm

32 hz ported box designed by Mark at Car Audio Fabrications

XS D1200 secondary with Stinger isolator

Well I'm not intending to violate any rules. I'm here to have a grown conversation. Perhaps I should have just stated the rms wattage at X voltage and ask what will suit the mojo best.

The 138.7 was with windows up and like I said, chamillionaire "I'm a rep texas". I didn't do any testing to conclude that it was the best song to play for spl. I just knew it hit harder inside my car than other songs and went with it.

The Bun b "everything" song could be heard, windows down from 2 blocks. The only reason I know this is because my friends told me one night when I got to the car wash they heard me coming and could see me at the stop light 2 blocks away. I didn't believe it so I had one of them drive my car and play the same song while I stayed there. At the same stop light I could hear the bass note clear enough to know the song. I'm not saying I could beat down two blocks. I'm saying it was audible as low bass and couldn't be mistaken for anything else. I don't make false claims and exaggerate. I'm not some youtube commenter talking out his ass. I gave as many specifics as I could think of for a clean cut answer to a question. I'll even edit the brands out or the mods can. What other violations am I in with this thread?

Hazestorm I meant to be clear as possible. I used to run 2 strapped amps but the amp I'm trying to pick as a safe power source will be my only amp. Sorry for any confusion. So only 1 amp, 1 sub and I will be doing big 3 and 1 extra battery this time. Thanks for your time if you still want to provide further insight.

Hazestorm I meant to be clear as possible. I used to run 2 strapped amps but the amp I'm trying to pick as a safe power source will be my only amp. Sorry for any confusion. So only 1 amp, 1 sub and I will be doing big 3 and 1 extra battery this time. Thanks for your time if you still want to provide further insight.

just go with the crescendo man its a decent amp. Do big 3 and a good set of batteries if your not planning on upgrading your alternator

Archived