Nice, Crescendo just shipped my 5500, it gets here Friday

After 3+months of waiting

I bet it will be worth the wait for sure. I'm thinking about getting wither the S1500.1 or the BC2000 to power the Type Rs until I can save up for the XLs and BC5500. Figure I can either re sell it or keep it for a future project

I'll try and get a video of the set up this weekend, I may just do a build log. It's nothing fancy, but it gets down for a daily.

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

I'll try and get a video of the set up this weekend, I may just do a build log. It's nothing fancy, but it gets down for a daily.

Looking forward to it! As long as you are happy with it that's what matters in my opinion. I'm happy with my set up but I want more!!

Recently noticed I have a ground loop problem. When I turn on my rear defrost or anything that pulls a bit of power I hear a slight "bump" from the subs, there is also a constant low hum coming from them as well. Going to try and re route the RCA's first as they do run next to the power wire but for only a short distance. I didn't think it would cause interference but it just might be the problem. Going to address it on my lunch break today and hopefully it goes away.

New to the car audio world and looking to learn as much as I can.

Sounds more like a ground problem, no matter how good you think your grounds are i would start with them.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

I agree that that is more than likely where my problem lies. I just rerouted the RCAs and the problem decreased but is still there. Next I am going to try and move the amp ground then the head unit ground if it is still there.

Amp ground relocated and no difference. On to the head unit ground. Any other places I should check? This did not appear until I ran the RCAs from the headunit to the Amp. I had the subs getting signal from the BOSE amp using a LOC before hand.

Grounds under hood, could be an issue as well. When I had an 03 Saturn Ion I had whine no matter what I did or what shop I took it too. Tried all the tricks in the world and the only thing that worked for me was an upgraded headunit ground, i upgraded it to 8 or 10 gauge wire I believe. I also redid all my grounds under hood and added some till it went away. Hope that helps.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

• 2 weeks later...

Ground problem fixed! Ended up being the RCA grounds on the headunit. I decided to try grounding the RCA ground to the headunit and the problem went away instantly. I used some SHCA 12ga wire I had left over from my speakers and after setting the gains again with a DD-1 it sound amazing and I couldn't be happier with my set up right now. Will be taking a small video some time today and will post it. Audio is going to slow again as I need to install some car parts and whatnot before I can start putting money into the system again.

• 1 month later...

Friend and I went to a competition over the weekend and I jumped on the meter to see what I could do. I just did one of the clinics but I'm rather happy with my score. Sealed on the dash.

1546302_10205078717942685_22651458185892

iCrD0z5.png

• 3 weeks later...

Another small update

I got rid of the flooded style battery and upgraded to a group 78 AGM. Voltage has stabilized tremendously! Added a volt meter to my ash tray and installed my head units microphone. Added some blue suede inserts to the doors and went to a MECA show this weekend and I placed 1st in Park and Pound DB1!!

w9YAeTh.png

vAa53Bj.png

35VSFjU.png

HcyvSub.png

O9vTo9I.png

Archived