Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

well I love how the box looks, and for doing a sealed forward in the rear seat it would be awesome to drop the rear seat is see this thing.

If I was going to build this for a 12, do you think I could get the dimensions down to 32x18x14?

I've seen 15s done like that but the tuning is high and its almost gotta be built in car. I did a tline for a 12 that fit in the trunk 2 of them and the one was tuned to 40hz then the other was 33hz but it was to tall so we had to kick in into the car.

I can't stop building!!!

4 DC LeveL 4XL 18 Blow Through Re-Build
The newest addition My '97 Ford Explorer Build
My First Build 8 RF P1 12's
My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

oh, your a hypocrite too bro.....your mom has my name on her left tit - and you still like her dont you?

If youre masturbating to that sub already, wait until you get a real sub... I think your nutsack will shrivel up.

• 3 weeks later...

awesome seeing more people do tlines, i havent seen many 18 inch woofer tlines, so thats cool to see one done with good results

im planning either a 15 inch tline or 6th order with a single 15 for my build upon the completion of my divorce (currently she has all my equipment and im not allowed to remove anything from the property until divorce is finalized, so cant use my stuff.)

how do I bring in a drawing from sketchup? and, how do I get the designs in 3d, to show wood hickness?

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

do you mean like how do you bring it on the forum to show people? if that is, i always do a print screen and open it in an image program, then crop it and save it. there may be other ways but thats how i do it. and as far as the wood thickness, are you asking how to get the measurements to show so you can do a screenshot with the dimensions shown as well?

cavis - You're either asking your question wrong or have not included all the info to make the question legible.. i'll assume you're asking about the inner dimensions of the t-line and if thats the case, then you dont need to convert them. Its a long square line. The length (~8 feet) dictates your tuning frequency, the height and width (square inches) your air mass compliance values.

Goblenator - Neither. The box is a giant port.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived