Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

I never built that. I think it would be a little high tuned. I can't remember. I was designing and building boxes like these and calling them "phase-lines" before I knew it was termed Tapped Horn. Woofer and port basically sharing same exit.

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Hey coremaster what kinda power are you putting to that 18, and what is your highest score?

it had a dc 2000.1 at 1 ohm and i never got it metered... never metered any of my setups.

I can't stop building!!!

4 DC LeveL 4XL 18 Blow Through Re-Build
The newest addition My '97 Ford Explorer Build
My First Build 8 RF P1 12's
My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

oh, your a hypocrite too bro.....your mom has my name on her left tit - and you still like her dont you?

If youre masturbating to that sub already, wait until you get a real sub... I think your nutsack will shrivel up.

Hey Gore, nice tline. What would you rate the soundquality wise, output, was it a one note wonder? Can you compare it to a ported box? I know 18s can sound very good in tlines. I've done a few 18"s but usually 15" and 10" set ups. I want your idea in comparisons for other people reading who wouldn't touch a 18" in a tline

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

And here I am trying to decide on final layout for some 21" t-lines (tapped style)..lol :D

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Hey coremaster what kinda power are you putting to that 18, and what is your highest score?

it had a dc 2000.1 at 1 ohm and i never got it metered... never metered any of my setups.

Cool I was trying to gather some info to make sure it would work for an 18 or possibly two, before i start buying stuff.

The Midget Looks Into Your Soul

2008 Dodge am 3500HD with the 6.7 Cummins

Race Me tuner, dpf deleted

kenwood double din

cheap walmart speakers for now(infinity reference comps comps coming soon)

2 kicker L5's in a ported box of unknown tuning lol(soon to be changed)

Power acoustic 1500.1 on the subs (for now)

Hey Gore, nice tline. What would you rate the soundquality wise, output, was it a one note wonder? Can you compare it to a ported box? I know 18s can sound very good in tlines. I've done a few 18"s but usually 15" and 10" set ups. I want your idea in comparisons for other people reading who wouldn't touch a 18" in a tline

Thanks. And it was really good. Now it as you could guess liked lows more seeing it is an 18. but it was really clean. I did a tline after this one and it was a 12 and you could tell that it wasn't as clean on the higher notes. But I could easyly jam country music even thow I don't too often but rock and stuff like that it was amazing sounding. I've built about 6 different tlines from the 18 a 15 a 12 and a 10. And the 18 was my favorite but it still wasn't as clean as the 12 and 10. But at the same time the 18 was tuned to 35 or 38 when the cleaner 12 and 10 was tuned to 40. And those people didn't listen to slowee music like I do.

I can't stop building!!!

My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

oh, your a hypocrite too bro.....your mom has my name on her left tit - and you still like her dont you?

If youre masturbating to that sub already, wait until you get a real sub... I think your nutsack will shrivel up.

Cool I was trying to gather some info to make sure it would work for an 18 or possibly two, before i start buying stuff.

You can do 2 but you have to have alot alot of room. I've drawn one up for my truck but it was as big as my cut out. 15 x 38 I believe and that was the port alone. Then it was 32.25 tall if you only do single baffel. And 57 inches long if tuned to 30hz

I can't stop building!!!

My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

You can do 2 but you have to have alot alot of room. I've drawn one up for my truck but it was as big as my cut out. 15 x 38 I believe and that was the port alone. Then it was 32.25 tall if you only do single baffel. And 57 inches long if tuned to 30hz

Yea the one i designed was like 5 foot long almost 4 feet wide and like a little over 2 feet tall and i don't have that kinda room so i have to make a ported one :pardon:

The Midget Looks Into Your Soul

2008 Dodge am 3500HD with the 6.7 Cummins

Race Me tuner, dpf deleted

kenwood double din

cheap walmart speakers for now(infinity reference comps comps coming soon)

2 kicker L5's in a ported box of unknown tuning lol(soon to be changed)

Power acoustic 1500.1 on the subs (for now)

well I love how the box looks, and for doing a sealed forward in the rear seat it would be awesome to drop the rear seat is see this thing. If I was going to build this for a 12, do you think I could get the dimensions down to 32x18x14?

I'd have to say no. I did a t-line design for my DCON 12 (tuned probably a little lower than most would, at 28hz) but the dimensions were 16x25x41"

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

Archived