Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

Yo Bumpn,

When are you going to fix the pics in this thread? I'm trying to understand your formulas and what not, but dude pics of what your talking about goes a long long way in helping a visual learner out. :give_rose:

haha, sorry man, I thought I was going to build 2- 12s and a tline to finish this, but ended up working alot, then hurt my back, now funds are tight unless I get selling speakers

And then I just forget

:shot:

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey bumpn,

I'm gonna be building a T-line this coming sumer (or sooner if it gets warmer) And I was gonna do a bandpass t-line to get a little bit better power handling. Its gonna be with 2 12" kicker comps. but my main question is.....

When i build the sealed enclosure inside the t-line, is there anything special I have to do with the volume? or any tips you can give on this type of design would be cool. (i'm having trouble finding anything on it in this thread).

Any help you can lend would be great!:D

Rowan University Electrical Engineering

LINK TO MY BUILDDDDD

Current Setup in my 00' Hyundai Accent:

Pioneer DEH-P6900UB

RE.6.5C AUDIO 500w 6.5" COMPONENT CAR SPEAKERS

Eclipse SE 6500 (6.5 coax in rear deck)

two Kicker C124's in a t-line tuned to 28.6Hz

Kenwood KAC-7204

US amps 1600.4 V2

Upcoming Build this summer:

T-Line enclosure for two C124's tuned to 28ish hz O_O

amp my speakers with a US amps 1600.4.

Second Skin Should be fun ^_^

Bump'n, how do you calculate horns, or back loaded horns, or double mouth back loaded horns? or tapped horns? help me out man, I am gonna use a single 6.5" now.

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

haha, sorry man, I thought I was going to build 2- 12s and a tline to finish this, but ended up working alot, then hurt my back, now funds are tight unless I get selling speakers

And then I just forget

:shot:

Hey no problem, I understand that times are tough now. I'll just hit you up on the pm with my questions. I've got a pair of eD 12s that I want to do a T-Line for in a home theater setup.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

Ok, so almost time to build my t-line, and I've mocked up two designs in sketchup and wanted to get some opinions from this area of SMD.

should I make this one:

biggert-line.jpg

which is tuned to 28hz ish.

or should I make this one:

38hzbandpasst-line.jpg

which is tuned to 38hz but can handle more power....

anyone's opinion is cool. :D

LINK TO MY BUILDDDDD

Pioneer DEH-P6900UB

Kenwood KAC-7204

US amps 1600.4 V2

i wouldnt do that second one because one sub is alot closer to the end of the line while the other is at the beginning.

the first is better, but i wouldnt do it either since one sub is still closer to the end of the line. When ive done multiple sub tlines i usually have one line per sub too

i wouldnt do that second one because one sub is alot closer to the end of the line while the other is at the beginning.

the first is better, but i wouldnt do it either since one sub is still closer to the end of the line. When ive done multiple sub tlines i usually have one line per sub too

good advice. its very appreciated. I was worried about it too. I may have to do some of the calcs and see what the cancellation would be like with the two different tunings (one's closer so shorter length= higher tuning, plus the sound wave bouncing back off the wall to the left of it. so i guess it'd be 3 or 4 noticeably different tunings actually, could be messy lol)

LINK TO MY BUILDDDDD

Pioneer DEH-P6900UB

Kenwood KAC-7204

US amps 1600.4 V2

Hi All,

I've tried serveral times to build a t-line box design, but I can't get a correct design. :(

Could somebody help me out with that? :)

The sub i'm gonna use is a JL 13w7.

I've made already some calculations:

Box tuning: 35Hz

1/4 wave length: 8,07ft

Port area: 130sq

Is there somebody who wants to design a t-line box design for my 13w7? This will be my first t-line box, and i'd love to try one!

Many thanks!

ok i just want to make sure if im totaly sure on this. so take like 1100/lets say32 then that by 4 and it will be 8.5 feet? so each line needs to be 8.5 feet long? or is there something else i could do

I can't stop building!!!

4 DC LeveL 4XL 18 Blow Through Re-Build
The newest addition My '97 Ford Explorer Build
My First Build 8 RF P1 12's
My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

oh, your a hypocrite too bro.....your mom has my name on her left tit - and you still like her dont you?

If youre masturbating to that sub already, wait until you get a real sub... I think your nutsack will shrivel up.

Archived