Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

Hey man. First of all this thread has been very helpful. My question is if having to many bends in the port on the tline affect the sound produced from it? Also is it okay to tune a little higher than the fs of the sub so it hits a little higher of notes. My boss told me to is the only reason I'm asking.. Also do tlines have more box rise than normal boxes? Thanks man.

-Ross

Project Layla

Truck: 99' F-150

Gathering things for my next build.

SoloX18 build:

http://www.stevemead..._1#entry1576460

RE T-line build:

http://www.stevemead...-between-build/

More bends means more restriction to airflow, which isnt actually all that bad since it helps with frequencies below tuning, but gives a slightly peaky response. I dont like tuning higher than 35hz... so if its higher than that I suggest no, but under that might be ok, depending what you play for music and if you set your crossovers and subsonic correctly, and what you're using for power..

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Hey man thanks for the reply. I have 6 bends in this box. I tunes it at 29hz and the subs fs is 24hz so it's reAlly not to big of a difference. I listen to country and rock mostly so I like tight punchy bass but something can still play some rap for demos. Like my last tline it will probably only be ran of the back channels of my door speaker amp. The design for the 8" tline is in the second build thread in my sig if you would like to check it out. Thanks man.

-Ross

Project Layla

Truck: 99' F-150

Gathering things for my next build.

SoloX18 build:

http://www.stevemead..._1#entry1576460

RE T-line build:

http://www.stevemead...-between-build/

My first attempt at a t-line. How Does it look, any suggestions?

tline.jpg

It's for a single 12" type-r. Looking for some good SQ and efficiency. The external dimensions are 28" wide x 18" deep x 20" tall(3/4 wood). The port is 4" x 18.5"(74sqin) throughout, excluding the area for the sub which will mostly be displaced by the sub. The length is a little over 6ft(should be closer to 10ft for fs of 28?). I was planning on using some polyfill to make up for it, but is it still too small? Should I be focusing on a different type of enclosure at this point?

Here are the specs of the sub:

FS: 28hz

QTS: .47

QMS: 8.5

QES: .50

SD: 74sqin

Thanks for the help!

I have a Couple questions. Firstly where do you get that program thay letts you design your boxes in 3D? Secondly could one of these be made for an 18? Lastly I would like someone to look over my design so how would i upload that?

The Midget Looks Into Your Soul

2008 Dodge am 3500HD with the 6.7 Cummins

Race Me tuner, dpf deleted

kenwood double din

cheap walmart speakers for now(infinity reference comps comps coming soon)

2 kicker L5's in a ported box of unknown tuning lol(soon to be changed)

Power acoustic 1500.1 on the subs (for now)

My first question was answered, thank you 87regal, now can one of these be made for an 18, and if so could i be made for 2?

kenwood double din

My first question was answered, thank you 87regal, now can one of these be made for an 18, and if so could i be made for 2?

It COULD butttt the fs would have to be some insanely high number like 65hz or the port would have to be MASSIVE unless your daily driver is a school bus then you would be ok.

System:

Basically Stock

In process of upgrading

If i designed it right it would be 60 inches long 41 1/2 inches wide and 27 1/4 inches tall with a 500 square inch port, the port is 12 1/2 inches tall and 40 inches wide and a little over 9 3/4ft long, for two dc lvl 4 18's at 28.9 hertz, and i would post the design but i don't know how to post sketchup images.

kenwood double din

Archived