BIGlep Posted February 14, 2014 Report Posted February 14, 2014 So this is my first car audio build and I already have a HU, and sub. I'm waiting on the funds for an amp off craigs and In the mean time I'm worrying about mids. I was planning on getting something I can get from fries because I have a lot of money in giftcards there and I'm looking at the Polk MM6501 because they sounded really good in store with lots of midbass and they have really good reviews. I'm just wondering if they will get loud enough to keep up with a 15" on around 1800 watts. Thanks and sorry for the long post. CHECK OUT MY BUILD LOG >>> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187006-build-log-saturn-sc2-psi-15-trunk-build/
Bump4life Posted February 14, 2014 Report Posted February 14, 2014 yea will get plenty loud. i had mine on 160 rms per side clean and kept up with 2 DD 12s on an m3a which i was getting about 3k out of. great speakers if thats what you are going for. they look cool. if you can put them in an enclosure in the door the midbass will be much better. i struggled to get a ton of midbass out of mine. Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/ MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136 MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/ My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 BMW M340 xDrive Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4... Best Scores out of a trunk 153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz 154+ windows down, 155+ kick
BIGlep Posted February 15, 2014 Author Report Posted February 15, 2014 Thanks for the response. Do you mean that they had week midbass because if so I'm open to suggestions. I'm sorta trying to get a groundpounder system for tooling around with my friends, but be able to turn down the bass a little and have a good sounding system for normal music too. CHECK OUT MY BUILD LOG >>> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187006-build-log-saturn-sc2-psi-15-trunk-build/
Guest Posted February 15, 2014 Report Posted February 15, 2014 i've seen a pair of 6.5 db coaxials and 6x9 db coaxials on a 200w alpine amp get destroyed in clarity and loudness by a single set of RF power T1 6.5" components on the same amp.
Swordlordboy1234 Posted February 15, 2014 Report Posted February 15, 2014 http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pjhVYkr3SnE Distance test 150rms per side passive.. A couple months ago before I got my bass back. They are good for anything 145 and under. More then that they get hard to hear, which is the issue I'm having now My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37 My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/ 2016 Mazda 6 Touring JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction B2 prototype DSP 6to8 B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set 2 B2 Class H quattro's 1 B2 Zero.5R @.5 2 B2 HNv3 12 d2 B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk Northstar Group 35 under the hood 100ft 2/0 welding cable 30ft 4ga welding cable 20ft 8ga welding cable All stinger OFC speaker wire Soundrive custom RCA's Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?
BIGlep Posted February 15, 2014 Author Report Posted February 15, 2014 i've seen a pair of 6.5 db coaxials and 6x9 db coaxials on a 200w alpine amp get destroyed in clarity and loudness by a single set of RF power T1 6.5" components on the same amp. Power is the Rockford high end series correct. IDK I guess I just got the feeling that rockford was mainstream so it was bad, but I am getting the MM polks if I get them not the Db's, I heard they are way better. Is Rockford good or not because their subs looked overpriced for what they were. CHECK OUT MY BUILD LOG >>> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187006-build-log-saturn-sc2-psi-15-trunk-build/
Guest Posted February 15, 2014 Report Posted February 15, 2014 subs are meh. amps and speakers are good. but they recently jacked their prices way the fuck up
Skullz Posted February 15, 2014 Report Posted February 15, 2014 Polk MM's are light years beyond the DB class speaker in all aspects, and they're comparable to JBL's upper range of speakers. They're a very good speaker and will do everything you need them to do, just make sure you properly treat the doors and you'll get the most out of them. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
BIGlep Posted February 18, 2014 Author Report Posted February 18, 2014 Thanks everybody Ill figure out how to close the thread. CHECK OUT MY BUILD LOG >>> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187006-build-log-saturn-sc2-psi-15-trunk-build/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.