Second Skin Audio

Anybody know what could be causing this noise?

Amart88

Does the noise emanate from the top or bottom?

In relation to your ears where does it sound as if it is coming from?

Lower?

Middle?

High?

How close does the sound appear to be to you from front to back?

Right behind you?

In/under the box?

Behind the box?

Once you answer those questions you'll have a better idea as where to look for the source of the problem cause it could very well be the box, or it could be the truck, or something completely different all together. Finding creaks and cracking noises can be problematic at times.

The sound (when i am driving) seems to be coming from inside the wall through the port. It sound like its in the back of the box on the passenger side. Not sure if its high or low.

The only things not glued are the plexi window and the trim around the plexi on the third rear baffle. The whole underside of the box in resined, same with the ouside of the shell. There is sound deadener under it on the floor.

Thanks for the help.

Heres the rear before the baffles. You can see the bolts on the bottom. Also, the camera makes it looked warped. It is not.

IMG_0174_zps6b7d672b.jpg

So how many bolts are holding the wall? (and how big are they)

the front is held down with 4 factory seat bolts.

The rear has 2 m10 bolts through the factory cargo hook locations. Could not use washers under the m10s as there is a welded nut in the floor from factory that sticks out underneath. So i have it double nutted.

no. Its not that severe. don't feel it.

Would not hear it with music on (no bass) Maybe It's nothing worth worrying about. Also could sound like when 2 neodinium magnets snap together

So how many bolts are holding the wall? (and how big are they)

the front is held down with 4 factory seat bolts.

The rear has 2 m10 bolts through the factory cargo hook locations. Could not use washers under the m10s as there is a welded nut in the floor from factory that sticks out underneath. So i have it double nutted.

If it sounds like 2 neodynium magnets snapping together i'm pretty certain that it's sheetmetal flexingm probably where the 2 bolts in the rear are.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived