Miguels was on top of it with the alt. I got the DC in and the battery light comes on intermittently. It doesn't start illuminated but it goes on and off, along with the BATTERY NOT CHARGING alert in my cluster. I'll call Mike and let him know that the alt might be fine, but it was acting differently than this DC. It would be delayed on charging or turning on and the DC doesn't delay at all. The alt is DEFINITELY charging, which makes me happy and I'm still going to have Mike look at it and powdercoat. And if he needs to send a plug to trick the truck, that will work fine with me. I also might have to do what Miguel suggested and tap into ignition to get the battery light off. What a weird issue to have after only a couple days of having a HO alt installed. My stock 4 pin plug might just have a wire not connected inside. Nothing feels loose or wobbly but something is clearly going on.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

the plug could have corrosion. or check if the pin is not broken or moved.what looks too me that you have a broken wire somewhere and its tripping the light to come on. could be under the dash that was caused by vibrations. its definitely the idiot light wire

let me see if i can get you a wiring diagram for the 4 pin. maybe you can bypass the light. with a volt meter you really dont need it

Archived