SQ Driver install suggestions 09 Maxima

Chris Winesette

Haha no problem Randall, like I told him, I'm just throwing out ideas and suggestions. You, josh and ray actually compete and can give him more concrete info on everything. Also sorry I didn't put it before, Randall's truck and joshs capri sound awesome too!

2009 maxima, currently stock

I will look into the 99prs. I already have a new Sony GS600BT. What's the difference between that and the 80PRS

I'm not familiar with the Sony GS600BT but I can say the Pioneer DEH-80PRS is a very nice HU and you'll love the way it sounds. If you really want to run a 3 way front stage you'll probably want the 99PRS but you can use the 80PRS with the right installation (if you use passive x-overs or use the amp x-over for mids and tweeters you can use the high channel for T/A with midbass on mid channel). Now I noticed you aren't planning on upgrading your subwoofer, I would highly recommend considering an upgrade there if you can fit it into your budget. Personally, just ordered a Hybrid Audio Technologies Clarus 12" sub from my local shop and can't wait to get it into my system. There are plenty of good options out there for improved low end that aren't as pricy though.

'99 Chevy Blazer 4 door 4x4

HU: Pioneer, DEH-80PRS

Front Stage: Hybrid Audio Technologies, Legatia L3v2 and Dayton Audio Reference 7" mid-bass

Sub Stage: Hybrid Audio Technologies, Clarus C12SW-D2 in a 30hz quarterwave transmission line (plays down to 17hz!)

Amplifier: Addictive Audio 7.4+35.1

Processor: Zapco DSP-Z8

I will look into the 99prs. I already have a new Sony GS600BT. What's the difference between that and the 80PRS

1 difference is the 99PRS is 4-way

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

1. Headunit: Sony GS600BT (this will allow me to still have iphone controls)

5. JBL MS-8 for crossovers and DSP

I am also open to other speaker suggestions if buying them separate from PartsExpress makes more since.

If you plan to change out your factory headunit ... I would highly suggest in buying you a headunit that will take care of all of your needs and not worry about a processor ... Simple, sweet, and to the starting point of a bad ass system ...

For what your head unit PLUS a processor would cost you ... You could get you a Pioneer P99RS and be done with it ...

I have been researching a shit ton on processors and truly if you want to go sq and have to run a processor I feel this one is the lesser if all the evils and that's a helix DSP ... It still has its flaws but all processors do.

But if you insist on having a processor ... Then I agree with Josh here.

I don't know what your budget is but if you really want SQ, look into blues car audio, hertz or hybrid audio speakers (they're costly, but worth the money). As far as amps look into linear power or audison.

If you have a Facebook look up Ray Rayfield, he actually builds the linear power amplifiers, his Ford Escape sounds amazing! He competes in sq comps. Also look up on here Randall Johnson aka white lightning (his trucks name) and talk to him.

Thank You Sir for the kind words and recommendations ... I will be glad to help out where I can ...

You don't want to use a center channel for sq unless doing two seat judging. If you are going to run a DVD player or something that can play movies yes get a center channel but if not stay away from a center channel it makes imaging very hard.

That about sums it up there brother ... Couldn't have typed it out any better ...

Stupid question. What is the best way to get a get RTA reading to tune the DSP? Are there any inexpensive laptop solutions I can use?

Haha no problem Randall, like I told him, I'm just throwing out ideas and suggestions. You, josh and ray actually compete and can give him more concrete info on everything. Also sorry I didn't put it before, Randall's truck and joshs capri sound awesome too!

Well, My truck is officially retired from Car Audio. We are returning (As much as we can) the truck back to stock condition ...

I have a new build in the works ... A 1949 Ford Tudor Sedan ...

I run Kenwood (DNX9980HD) so I don't have alot of details on the Pioneer, but I do know that they are very sucessful "stand alone" headunit in the Sound Quality Car Audio world ...

Stupid question. What is the best way to get a get RTA reading to tune the DSP? Are there any inexpensive laptop solutions I can use?

Sounds like a very valid question to me Sir ... However, No there is no "Easy" way to get your hands on an RTA ...

Borrow or buy a Audio Control or the Termlab setup ...

Bout the best thing you can do for now is to concentrate on placement, time alignment measurements, and good ole fashion EQ tuning with the human ear ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived