gmc canyon brake problems gurus get in here.

At any point durning bleeding did you let the master cylinder run low?

This recent time 100% sure...when it all started I cannot say..my brother was helping me and he was filling the reservoir so I couldnt say 100%. Lets speculate that it did go low..what would be my options

You would have to bleed the master cylinder. You should be able to google it and find plenty off info on how to do it. I would start with that first before you start replacing things or take it to a mechanic. I prefer to bench bleed the master cylinder but it can be done on while still on but be warned it will be messy.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Does the truck feel like it's stopping mostly with the rear brakes? Rear brakes not adjusted correctly. After rereading almost sure.

Regardless the fronts usually do almost all the stopping.

When i adjust mine before putting the drum on, i can bearly turn the drum by hand.

Pedal will go all the way to the floor if the rear brakes aren't adjusted properly. Yes, you r correct the front brakes when working correctly do 70% or more of the stopping.

But the pedal height is control by the rear brake adjustment.

I have adjusted the drums before and replaced the adjusters with the updated part as they had a recall. So I understand what I need to do..this weekend ilo give bleeding the mastercylinder a shot and see what happens. Also in my master cylinder there is small black little flakes...common sense tells me thats no bueno..so bleeding the madter cylinder off the truck and cleaning it is probably a good idea no matter hat

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Thanks guy's

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Brakes are the number one reason I didn't get a colorado/canyon.... tied with lack of space for bass lol.

They were great until fucked up one day and had to replace rear piston in the drum, after that..blehh. Pick up a used one for cheap and throw a disc conversion that would be nice. The little I4 is bulletproof IMO. I was not nice to this truck when i first got it. 18 and being stupid, its never let me down. Now Im 23 and wish i would have treated it better but brakes are the only problem I have had besides regular maintenace. I jsut fixed them today thanks everyone for the help.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Brakes are the number one reason I didn't get a colorado/canyon.... tied with lack of space for bass lol.

They were great until fucked up one day and had to replace rear piston in the drum, after that..blehh. Pick up a used one for cheap and throw a disc conversion that would be nice. The little I4 is bulletproof IMO. I was not nice to this truck when i first got it. 18 and being stupid, its never let me down. Now Im 23 and wish i would have treated it better but brakes are the only problem I have had besides regular maintenace. I jsut fixed them today thanks everyone for the help.

Glad to hear you got the issues resolved. What turned out to be the problem?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Drums, when we first pulled to inspect and clean I didnt notice the auto adjuster was broken. Not that they work anyway..so after "adjusting" the moment you would drive it the adjustment would come all the way in. So when you depressed the pedal you would have to pump to get the shoes to come out to the drum, then the brakes would finally work lol. So new shoes drums, adjusters, springes etc. Rebuilt rears.

Now its 100x better then before. BUT...big BUT here. Still seems like the master cylinder might be on its way out. It is really firm but you can eventually push to the floor with normal pressure. So I am going to replace it in the next week or so. BUT for now its so much better and actually driveable.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Chris the black stuff you are seeing in the master cylinder is the rubber seal in the plunger mechanism breaking down. Can beak down from normal wear and tear or mixing different fluids. But like i said you can rebuild or just replace it. When that seal starts to break down, then it will start introducing air into the system. Good luck man, hope you get'r fixed. But do it yourself. $50 at most.

truthsayer

New master cylinder/complete is about 90$. And I need a good amount of fluid, cleaner etc so probably 110$. I just have to wait till next week to buy the stuff.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Archived