Mixing CCA and OFC

I can get my truck to surge at 65 mph (without my caps) I gave 3 alts 6-2/0 runs front to back an 20 k rms fulltilt the alts will load up an surge my motor

what do you mean by surge? sorry if its a dumb question, just have no idea what your talking about lol

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Yes big down like a major miss in motor alts pull horsepower shouldn't happen with my new 6- phase alts

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Yes big down like a major miss in motor alts pull horsepower shouldn't happen with my new 6- phase alts

Dude? that aint cool?

Hair pin/6 phase promise is to be more eff, ... and put out more at idle, and be more superiour and lasting?

Tell me more bro?

(and, would be interested in a change?,...... I have mike on speaker right now)

That's who's doing it for me bro .. Mikes hella kool an smart as hell filled me with knowledge at autorama

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Kyle, put down the pipe.

My 6 phase 240 amp puts the hurt on my honda on the highway. Like having some fat bitch jumping on the car every time the bass drops.

Basically what they are saying is when the bass drops, which causes a large surge in current demand, their alts bear down to supply it, which in turn causes their engine to bog down with it.

Assuming due to the current limitations of CCA vs OFC, and assuming say a 300A demand, if the CCA can only carry 200A than the alt will only be able to supply that much going back where as the OFC will carry the full 300A and the amp will be forced to try to supply it.

Edit: may not be correct numbers but you get the point at least.

Archived