Mixing CCA and OFC

^^^^^^^this copper is a better conducter I am running 2-2/0 per alt front too back battery's I believe I'm getting maximum current under load out of my alts

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

If your not a fan of bogging down engines with alternator power then I don't know if this is the right hobby. There is no magic alternator that produces crazy amps with out a certain amount of drag on the engine. It takes power to create power, <- true in every sense of the phrase.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Good luck with Singer, he is not the "God" everyone thinks. The Mechman alts are every bit as good

Customer service wise he is. Who else will answer my questions at 9pm on a Saturday?

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

I'm not goin to bash in here but I've run alts from a lot of company's an once they get big there quality goes to shit an so does customer service .. Mikes a great guy an I'll run his alts. Oh an let me state this you will never most likely see or have happen what my truck does .. I have 2000 amps of current draw on 990 amps of alternator

TEAM DC AUDIO

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

I'm not goin to bash in here but I've run alts from a lot of company's an once they get big there quality goes to shit an so does customer service .. Mikes a great guy an I'll run his alts. Oh an let me state this you will never most likely see or have happen what my truck does .. I have 2000 amps of current draw on 990 amps of alternator

How did you measure that 2000 amp of current draw?

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Forget alt output when running from the front batt to the back. Your battery can provide way more amperage than your alt can in most cases. You need enough wire to cover your total current draw of your amps and accessories that are hooked to your runs to the back. Your wire from alt to batt should be enough to safely carry what your alt can put out (i would go at least 25% over that)

And of course fuse for the wires rating on all runs except the runs from the rear batt(s) to amps. They should each be fused for the amp they are hooked to.

This thread has cleared up a bunch for me. I bought SHCA's CCA to run from my buss bars to amps, but Stinger HPM 1/0 OFC from front to rear. Thought I made a big mistake with CCA

2- 8 ks at .35 haven't clamped them but I know my amp does 8858w at 1ohm and 11 k at .5 Cj dynoed it . Help here from math guys? I'm half asleep

TEAM DC AUDIO

Archived