Sonic Electronix

I mean, you don't have to get an extra battery or alt upgrade on an entry level package. it's hard to fit everything into a $1000 budget as most people who spend $3k + still have only like tier 2 builds or so. So I'd say go with like Memphis products or obsidian for a more entry level package for sure. You might go a little bit over budget but you'll be a lot more happy if you spend more money on quality products vs. just buying as much as you can for as cheep as you can. Trust me, we've all been in your position before.

Welcome to my sig :D

My build on my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4:

2 Sundown SA 12's

Sundown SAZ 1500d v3

Alpine CDE-HD148BT

Hertz 165 Speakers

Atrend Carbon Enclosure

Stinger SPP925 Battery

Sky High 2/0 & 1/0 Power Wire & Big 3

:domodance::domodance: Legal 145.2 dB. :morepower1: Team Sundown. :domodance::domodance:

cd64929e-8a60-41ea-b784-c5c6096f49b8_zps

First off, that bronco is gonna need some electrical upgrades. The weak little 2g alt in it isn't going to cut it. Retrofitting a 130a 3g Ford alt, out of a mustang or something. Here's probably the best 3g alt guide out there.... http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55169

You can sink an easy 200 in a new alt, retrofitting it, and running new 1/0 OFC wire to the rear. Don't think you'll fit a pair of 18's behind the back seat of a bronco...1 18, pretty easy. For the lower power 18's, you're gonna want 6 cubes a piece or so, so 12 cubes for the subs before displacements and whatnot. Somehwere around 18 cubes gross...

A single Fi SSD 18 or Q 18 off a new Crescendo 1500 is a good pair. A new primary battery(agm, like an XS3400) and an auxillary battery in the rear such as an XS D925, should be able to support around 2k with a 130a 3g alt. Also, iirc Ford offered 160a or 180a 3g alternators in certain vehicles...Fullsizebronco is a great website to browse around for that though. I know that Ryan from fordfuelinjection.com used to sell a 160a 3g swap kit for Bronco's, F-series pickups, mustangs, the what not with Ford V8's for a reasonable sum, cheaper than a new 130a 3g from Autozone.

Post pics of the truck too!

^^ good info right there.

First off, that bronco is gonna need some electrical upgrades. The weak little 2g alt in it isn't going to cut it. Retrofitting a 130a 3g Ford alt, out of a mustang or something. Here's probably the best 3g alt guide out there.... http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55169

You can sink an easy 200 in a new alt, retrofitting it, and running new 1/0 OFC wire to the rear. Don't think you'll fit a pair of 18's behind the back seat of a bronco...1 18, pretty easy. For the lower power 18's, you're gonna want 6 cubes a piece or so, so 12 cubes for the subs before displacements and whatnot. Somehwere around 18 cubes gross...

A single Fi SSD 18 or Q 18 off a new Crescendo 1500 is a good pair. A new primary battery(agm, like an XS3400) and an auxillary battery in the rear such as an XS D925, should be able to support around 2k with a 130a 3g alt. Also, iirc Ford offered 160a or 180a 3g alternators in certain vehicles...Fullsizebronco is a great website to browse around for that though. I know that Ryan from fordfuelinjection.com used to sell a 160a 3g swap kit for Bronco's, F-series pickups, mustangs, the what not with Ford V8's for a reasonable sum, cheaper than a new 130a 3g from Autozone.

Post pics of the truck too!

^^ good info right there.

yeah listen to that post, he knows what he's saying xD

Welcome to my sig :D

My build on my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4:

2 Sundown SA 12's

Sundown SAZ 1500d v3

Alpine CDE-HD148BT

Hertz 165 Speakers

Atrend Carbon Enclosure

Stinger SPP925 Battery

Sky High 2/0 & 1/0 Power Wire & Big 3

:domodance::domodance: Legal 145.2 dB. :morepower1: Team Sundown. :domodance::domodance:

cd64929e-8a60-41ea-b784-c5c6096f49b8_zps

Thanks guys! I'm trying to find the other 3g alt guide I have that has the right links and shit. I researched it alot when I half-assed killed the alt on my 90 F-250.

OP, here is a few more links concerning the 3g alt swap for you,

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/882243-3g-alternator-install-with-pictures.html

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/942250-just-did-a-3g-upgrade.html#post8677010 <-- important diagram there.

http://www.oldengine.org/unfaq/3ag/3ag.htm <-- this one kicks ass too.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Wow all these replys over night. i love it. So from what it sounds like my electrical is whats going to slow me down. I priced the re 18 s on ebay which is about 270 each. But my problem is gonna be powering them. There rated for 1k but ive seen people feedem 1500+ and they say they want more. I know i might be a bit in over my head but i do plan on putting more into the budget. If you guys think i should go with one them thats the move ill make. I just want to start out on the right foot and get ok....good stuff. I had the upgrades planned but for now im naked. He truck didnt even come with a radio cuz there was a system in there. Not an issue cuz i got it for 1300.ill looook into the other brands as well. also i have been looking for an alt upgrade even before i got the bronco. so ill find wht ford has a bit stronger one and go to pick in pull. thanks guys ill post pics of the truck in a min

Looking to buy hdc3 and sq2200 bundle. let me know

Where are you located? I have a large case 130a 3g with the correct plug for the regulator that I am 80% positive that it works. would use it on my 460 but my alt mounting tensioner bracket thingy isn't long enough... Should be straight bolt on for a 302 or 351, though. The inline 6 motors use the same setup as a 460, though.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

new RE woofers are not what they used to be...cheap parts. Kranny i not sure people can say that any more. I have only gotten to listen and check out a few, but i have to admit, pretty impressive.

truthsayer

Well theybeat out cheap kickers and sonys. But i cant knock the l7s they get low. Ok im going with the 1 re sx 18 for now. So now im looking at amps. For me i would love to have the sub and amp matching so i was looking at the ctx3200.1 . I found it out ebay thru sonic for $169. With tax about 185. But the thing is i couldnt find anyone who has one or why on sonic website its not listed as one of the compatible amp for the sx18. But they have the 4200 listed but then again im taking my stock electrical in account. The 3200 puts out 1200 rms @1 ohm and the 4200 puts out 1500. Heres the specs for the amp and 2 styles of the sub

CTX Series Monoblock Class DE Car Amplifier

RMS Power Rating:

4 ohms: 400 watts x 1 chan.

2 ohms: 750 watts x 1 chan.

1 ohm: 1200 watts x 1 chan.

Dynamic power output: 3200 watts x 1 chan.

High-current Matched MOSFET power supply

Wired remote bass level control included

LED power (green) and protect (red) indicators

Variable Bass Boost (0 to +18 dB bass boost at 45 Hz)

Turn on delay for quiet start-up

Mono channel operation

Preamp RCA outputs to daisy chain multiple amps

3-way protection circuitry (thermal, overload, and speaker short protection)

Dual speaker terminals simplify the hookup of multiple speakers

Heavy duty aluminum alloy heat-sink

Platinum-plated RCA level inputs

Platinum-plated screw terminals

Input sensitivity:

Low level: 100mV-6V

High level: 250mV-6V

Variable low-pass filter (40-250 Hz)

Subsonic filter (24 dB, 15-40 Hz)

Frequency response: 10-300 Hz

4 gauge power and ground wiring is required for installation. Contact us for information regarding a discount on select amplifier kits from our website when purchased together with this amplifier.

Looking to buy hdc3 and sq2200 bundle. let me know

Archived