lalojamesliz Posted February 20, 2014 Report Posted February 20, 2014 Hey guys, I'm going to push my sa-8v2 with a hifonics amp brx1100.1d that's rated at 800rms @ 2ohm and I bought the d4 version of the sa-8v2. I read here that I need a box around 0.6 @33hz. Can someone help me with that box build please? This will be my first box build
bigsausagepizza Posted February 20, 2014 Report Posted February 20, 2014 Sundown has box plans on their site, including sketchup files: http://sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/subwoofers/item/sa-series.html 2008 Subaru WRX STI K&N Typhoon Intake Invidia Polished Stainless 3" turbo back with cat Cobb Accessport Dyno tune from Kaizen Tuning 320awhp 330ft-lb awtq MTX 421D Sub amp American Bass SQ900 Highs/Mids amp Sundown Audio SD-2 10 D4 JL Audio XR653-CS 3-way Components 3sixty.2 Second Skin Damplifier Pro Custom fiberglass wheel well enclosure Transmission Line quasi-floor enclosure http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/13-member-rides-builds-show-off-your-whip-show-off-your-system/ Bill Fitzmaurice TLAH line-array hifi towers 9 Goldwood 4" mids (each) 12 Goldwood 1/2" tweeters (each) NAD 1020 Preamp MiniDSP 2x4 Balanced processor Thorens TD166mkII Turntable Hafler DH-200 Amplifier http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192638-line-array-hifi-tower-build/ https://www.facebook.com/HolyMountainGlass
lalojamesliz Posted February 20, 2014 Author Report Posted February 20, 2014 Damn, I never noticed the links. Thank you
lalojamesliz Posted February 22, 2014 Author Report Posted February 22, 2014 How can I find out how big the box and what frequency that they give plans for is?
john253a Posted February 22, 2014 Report Posted February 22, 2014 Put them in to Torres I like 0.6@32-33 9.5sq" of port But that's me They highest idd tune them is 42hz without loosing too much low end Just depends what you want out of it Just don't go bigger them 13sq" of port as you'll come into issues
ToNasty Posted February 22, 2014 Report Posted February 22, 2014 .75 with 14" of port. I've tried 5-6 boxes for the sa8. That was the best ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
john253a Posted February 22, 2014 Report Posted February 22, 2014 .75 with 14" of port. I've tried 5-6 boxes for the sa8. That was the best How long did it last and how much power
lalojamesliz Posted February 22, 2014 Author Report Posted February 22, 2014 And I want to build a. 06 box at 33 like you said john253a but I don't have any plans and I've never built a custom box before so I don't know where to look for the plans for that specific box. That's what my first post here is asking. I saw the box plans on the sundown web site that bigsausagepizza pointed out but I don't know what the internal size is or what freq its tuned for. I emailed sundown but haven't had a reply.
lalojamesliz Posted February 22, 2014 Author Report Posted February 22, 2014 I got a hold of a table saw yesterday and I bought the MDF board and liquid nails along with wood screws. Now I just need the right box plans. I've never had a sub of this quality, only a infinity kappa 12" in a sealed box with a jl 500/1 I listen to rock and rap and I just want loud bass. The lower the freq and the louder the better
poorfish88 Posted February 22, 2014 Report Posted February 22, 2014 MDF and wood screws is a bad mix. MDF is saw dust basicly glued together. So standard wood screws is a bad idea. I use drywall screws and make sure you predrill.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.