3m Scotchshield Window Film?

Yes you can use Security films on side windows.

I few things to consider.

1 The thicker the film, the stronger it is. a 4mm film isn't going to give you the protection you think it will. a 20mm film will but can be very heavy on the window motors.

2 for it to properly work, you must secure around all the edges, the film need to be in a channel grove to hold in place. The bottom of most car windows don't have a track across the bottom. It will be something you need to add. When you add the channel, you will need a high strength glue to adhere the film to that track.

3 it's not an end all to smashed windows, it will slow them down, but if you continue to push on the window it will eventually come out.

4 if you have a car that locks you in and won't let you out without using the lock button. ( some cars you can't just pull the handle to get out) keep in mind, if your in an accident and need to get out of a car and can't unlock the doors that you will need to work harder to get out with the film.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Ehh good luck shrinking that on a back window ;)

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Is there a site I can buy the llumar film from and have a window tint shop put it on? cuz the only dealer is 3 hours away...and I dont wanna drive that far to get it :lol:

Most shops either have or can order the film. Shops also order tint from LLumar, Solar guard, ETC. Another place you can get it from is a commercial glass shop. They use it all the time.

As much as I love to do things myself on my car. I think it is best to leave window tint/film to the pros. I've done a few windows here and there and there is nothing worse then looking at your own arm hair in the tint :angry:

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

ekk i did two front windows on a silverado today... omg we need to powerwash our floor. After a remote start season our floor is soo dirty, I was getting dirt like no other in the tint. The driver side took me three pieces before I got on that met my standards.

First tint job of 2008 for me... i still got it ;)

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Archived