Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Aero port. Is this gonna be a problem????


coh33dkill3r

Recommended Posts

Posted

I recently built a ported box for my sundown x18 and using 2 6" steel aero ports that I built... Problem is I only have 4 1/2" clearance from the end of port to the wood inside... Will this reduce proper airflow or do I need to be atleast 6" away from the inner wall

Just install elbows or cut them to meet clearance if you can live with slightly higher tuning.

Posted

Or go with a partially external port if you can.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Posted

I have it tuned to 32 hertz and I've read and been told that this sub is a low end monster so trying to keep the tuning low... Never had a ported box before so do t really know where to begin... Don't know if I like more spl or more of the low end stuff. I guess I'll find out soon enough

Posted

a 1.5" difference in length wont be a huge difference in tuning. maybe 1-2hz different should still keep you 35hz or lower. don't have to be tuned low to play low either.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3121 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...