ahl395 Posted February 25, 2014 Report Posted February 25, 2014 Hi all, I've read around a bit but this is my first post here. I'm looking for a 12" SQL subwoofer to put in a sealed enclosure. I have a Hifonics Mt. Olympus Hercules amp that puts out 2000W RMS. The main sub I'm considering is an RE Audio XXXv2 (the new ones). Everything I've read on it has been sounding like exactly what I want. Although a few people have told me to steer clear of new RE products. The other sub that I'm considering is an SSA Xcon. If anyone has any input or other suggestions please let me know, I'm looking for any SQL sub that can handle deep lows (at least 30hz) and give me a good amount of output. I can only do a single 12" and have a budget around $500. Thanks in advance!
NathanW Posted February 25, 2014 Report Posted February 25, 2014 Based on your budget, amp and goals, you should take a look at the Fi Q 12 with cooling and high QTS options, the I heat ring might be another option to consider as well. Don't get the extra spider option for sealed. I can't think of a better fit for your setup but I'm sure some other people will have some recommendations as well. '99 Chevy Blazer 4 door 4x4 HU: Pioneer, DEH-80PRS Front Stage: Hybrid Audio Technologies, Legatia L3v2 and Dayton Audio Reference 7" mid-bass Sub Stage: Hybrid Audio Technologies, Clarus C12SW-D2 in a 30hz quarterwave transmission line (plays down to 17hz!) Amplifier: Addictive Audio 7.4+35.1 Processor: Zapco DSP-Z8
cloud77 Posted February 25, 2014 Report Posted February 25, 2014 xcons or mayhems will work well. The newer XXXs are their 4th and 5th versions. v3 had XBL^2 with a large chrome top plate. 2004 Grand Prix GT (2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2) 5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz MMATS HD4000.05 MMATS SQ4100 Infinity Kappa components Juice Box black cherry Duralast platinum group 34 1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding Singer 250A
Aj11 Posted February 25, 2014 Report Posted February 25, 2014 i was also gonna say fi q, the only other sub i can think of is the sundown x. i hear they have great low response but not sure how they act in a sealed box. also getting down to 30hz in a sealed box... hmm jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
Skullz Posted February 25, 2014 Report Posted February 25, 2014 http://store.ficaraudio.com/q12/ IDMAX http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_68187_Image-Dynamics-IDMAX12-D4-V.4.html http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_69574_JL-Audio-12W6v3-D4.html 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Aj11 Posted February 25, 2014 Report Posted February 25, 2014 I'm sorry but i would not recommend the w6! I've had a ten and 12, never again..for the price no efin way..NO EFIN WAY! jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
ahl395 Posted February 26, 2014 Author Report Posted February 26, 2014 Based on your budget, amp and goals, you should take a look at the Fi Q 12 with cooling and high QTS options, the I heat ring might be another option to consider as well. Don't get the extra spider option for sealed. I can't think of a better fit for your setup but I'm sure some other people will have some recommendations as well. Thanks for the suggestion. The Fi Q looks like a very nice sub. I'd say it's between that and the XXX. xcons or mayhems will work well. The newer XXXs are their 4th and 5th versions. v3 had XBL^2 with a large chrome top plate. I really like what I've seen for the new XXX, but there's so much bad rep against them around forums. The xcons seem good as well but I am leaving toward the Fi Q as an alternative the RE. i was also gonna say fi q, the only other sub i can think of is the sundown x. i hear they have great low response but not sure how they act in a sealed box. also getting down to 30hz in a sealed box... hmm I took a look at some sundown subs. Most of them seemed to be more SPL oriented and not great for SQ or sealed boxes. http://store.ficaraudio.com/q12/ IDMAX http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_68187_Image-Dynamics-IDMAX12-D4-V.4.html http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_69574_JL-Audio-12W6v3-D4.html Thank you for the suggestions. Really liking that Fi Q. I'm sorry but i would not recommend the w6! I've had a ten and 12, never again..for the price no efin way..NO EFIN WAY! Well it's also only 600wrms which is way too low for my amp.
ahl395 Posted February 26, 2014 Author Report Posted February 26, 2014 The only other concern I have with a sub like the Fi Q, is that it's only rated at 1500W RMS. Not that I don't think that's enough but even with the extra cooling options it doesn't look like it would handle 2000W safely. I'd really r rather not have to get another amp. Thoughts?
Miguels Posted February 26, 2014 Report Posted February 26, 2014 xcons or mayhems will work well. The newer XXXs are their 4th and 5th versions. v3 had XBL^2 with a large chrome top plate. mayhems are not recommended in a sealed box.. the havoc is and i would look into that sub as well my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
truthsayer Posted February 26, 2014 Report Posted February 26, 2014 above subs mentioned are all fine woofers. And you will not be disappointed if you choose the re xxx. truthsayer
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.