Clipping

BP454

do you guys ever have that moment where you hear distorted or clipped ass music and think "how can they/nobody notice how distorted it is?"

In my ride, not so much. But I know EXACTLY what your saying when I get in others builds.

I give them the "who farted" look. They look back at me and bang their head like "yaaaa"

I shake my head back with the "mmmmm ok" look.

Used to happen all the time. I had a "friend" that used to be like dude I found the hardest hitting song ever. Pulls out his iPhone and a youtube video and plugs it in and cranks it on his shit. Sounds horrible.

Of course he knew the setup I had was louder and wanted to try it so when I was off taking a shit he started playing it and was Fucking around with all my settings try to find when it was loudest.

Nothing broke thankfully but I never talk to that kid anymore. He would do that with my bikes too.

i never let anybody mess around with my shit. big no no.

I never would either. But I wasn't with him when he did. I was inside taking a shit. So I came back outside and see what's going on and I'm like what the Fuck are you doing?

Same thing with my bikes. He'd show up at my house to hangout. So id be walking outside and he would've already got on my bike and start thrashing it.

fine, ill say it. I clip, yep, i clip and i know i clip. Not like i drive around for 30 minutes like the op did clipping. But i am at -10db, i know where -5 and 0db are on my pac lc1. But i know i have to pay for damages to my equipment.

fine, ill say it. I clip, yep, i clip and i know i clip. Not like i drive around for 30 minutes like the op did clipping. But i am at -10db, i know where -5 and 0db are on my pac lc1. But i know i have to pay for damages to my equipment.

It's hard to tell sometimes. With some notes you can distinctly hear the sub bottoming out or being pushed past their limit. With constant high/low notes it can be hard to distinguish. (For example: Swing My Door which is easily noticed vs Six 12's which is not) I think the majority of people clip, most without ever realizing it. I've been checking songs since I've posted this and I've found very few perfect songs and a ton of ones with frequent clipping. As someone mentioned previously, a LOT of current music is clipped. While I realize this doesn't effect everyone, it does effect the majority as the average guy isn't as familiar with clipping as the audio world and partially due to improperly set gains. Most cannot justify purchasing a DD-1 @ $150 to use once or twice. Appreciate all advice in this thread, going to look into having gain set properly and from there I guess I will end up having to play clipped songs for lack of other options.

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/computer-based-music/useful-tip-to-fix-distorted-overly-loud-poorly-remastered-albums

Found this upon further research. It's pretty dated, but I tried it and it works to rid Audacity of the red clipping indicators. Could anyone trained at using WMP's O-Scope look into it? (I've looked at songs with it, but the waves move too quickly for me to distinguish clipping). Am curious as to whether or not this truly fixes the problem. Thanks again guys.

46602858.jpg

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

Archived