Tweeter Placment in Pickup(TA) ?

ImaNoob

Ok, I just kinda skimmed through your build.Ill go through the rest later. when you had the tweets in the pillars you said it was great for staging etc, not to harsh with them facing you/pass. Then you changed them . So overall what way did you like better ? As far as tweets go. Did you build the pillars or buy those ?

Both ways sounded bad ass with great stage and image ... We went with the mids for placement (competition). Just a lot more details within the stage and image.

We are setting up my younger son's truck up with the tweeters in the A-pillars like my original setup ... Just a little more eye level and more on-axis ... Mainly cause his mids are a lot higher than the Chevy doors had. He's driving a 88 Ford single cab so that should give a nice stage and image with plenty of width for a single cab truck ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

What would you recomend for a mid (Id like to stick with rockford) ? With out taking up to much spaceI think it would be easier for me, to build a pod on the dash. < not sure i wana go this route but thinking my options through..

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

The tweeters can be manipulated before final installation ... but those door midbass drivers took some trial and error work ...

If you plan to set one up ... this is how I would go with your truck ... I would wait on midrange drivers until you have a total feel for your system ...

26203464089_large.jpg

this setup worked extremely well with time alignment ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

As difficult as glass work sounds, its really not hard. Its more time consuming than anything. Use some CA glue and a few pieces of small mdf to get your general shape and a good mounting location or just use some foam you get at Michaels and then get some fleece or old shirts or any kind of fabric really and stretch over your shape and mount it to the back side of the panel. Then add some resin, some glass, some more resin and make sure there arent any air bubbles. Then just let it cure and sand away. Then get some filler to fill in the small holes and to give a little more shape. Then sand some more and paint.

Archived