DIONYSUS'S 02 Eddie Bauer Explorer slow BUDGET build! Update! 18" DC lvl 6 pic!!!

The rest of my Sky High 1/0 power/ground and 8 gauge speaker wire was shipped today! I says it will be here Wed!! So Tuesday I will finally hook up my sundown!!! Thanks again ""B""!!!

• 2 weeks later...

nice job man.

toast to another explorer

Thanks bro! Haven't got much else done yet, Damn life keeps getting in the way LOL! Well I did plasti dip blacked out my side cargo are windows so no one can see my $h!t lol! Hell, I'll post a pic of them today!

• 1 month later...

FINALLY putting my big 3 in today! I just got busy with this thing that can sometimes be a pain in the ass...you know, life, LOL! I got all my wire measured, cut crimped, and heat shrunk! My lady took my explorer to work today so I'm eagerly waiting for 3:00 when shes off, so like watching paint dry I can wait for the engine to cool off so I can bolt these wires in!!!

IMG_20140909_092008_zpsyxjjpcb0.jpg

IMG_20140909_092056_zpslpi0svtt.jpg

IMG_20140926_111629_zpsskb5m5l_edit_1411

Oh and heres a pic of my voltage at idling after driving around for about 45 minutes with system on, and at start up I see 14.4/14.3 but it's always higher at start up, I've never hit below 12.9 and only once while messin around testing to see at what point I'd have too much drop. My CT1400 is rated at 12.8v anyways but daily scenario even near full tilt It usually stays at 14v and will drop to 13.8 occasionally on some low notes. So I'm excited to see the help/stability the big 3 adds!

EDIT/Clarification: When I took this pick my head unit and amp was on but not playing

IMG_20140925_075914_zpswfgtntmd.jpg

I got the big 3 done FINALLY this weekend, I should have taken a pic with the engine cover back on so my extra dirty ass engine isn't stickin out like a sore thumb! lol! It's all Sky High 1/0, Sky High copper lugs and shrink wrap, and Sky High fuse holder and 300A fuse, I love me some Sky High, I know, I know the terminals suck, but I'll be ordering some nice CNF terminals soon!!!

IMG_20140927_133223_zps0gmi9d96.jpg

IMG_20140927_133157_zps1kn6rd35.jpg

IMG_20140927_133151_zpswasatxmv.jpg

IMG_20140927_133137_zpsfe680k0u.jpg

IMG_20140927_133120_zpsmpdjpsuu.jpg

Ok same as before about a 45 minute drive but playing close to full tilt off and on the drive testing different songs to se how much drop would be, here is at idol. At start up It's 14.7/14.8 but as always its higher cold at start up. I hold didn't drop below 14.0 except once to 13.6 on a song that was just clip city lol, But a solid 14.3 to 14.2 is where it stays at full tilt now after the big 3 upgrade. Well near full tilt as I can without blowing the sub lol this temp L5 is only rated at 750 RMS. I think I'm going to go with 1, 18" DC lvl 6 carbon fiber Stormtrooper style, can get a great deal from a great friend but that's still a lil ways off. Now I need to took up my Sundown SAX100.4 to get the mids n highs up! Shorter term without glassing my doors I'm going to go with a crescendo PWX 6.5 in each rear door, possibly the PWX 8" still deciding, and crescendo comp set in the front doors. Longer term I'll glas but this is a budget build so It'll be a lil. I have RF 2 way 6x8s in each door at the moment.

Slow progress but it's coming little by little

P.S. my stock ALT is a 130A, A bigger ALT is on my parts list too of course

IMG_20141001_080116_zpsai42eezz.jpg

Ok it's official like a referee wit a whistle thanks to my brother B-Eazy I will be going with the DC lvl 6 18" with carbon fiber upgrades!!! One from the Stormtrooper it's self! Ohhhhhhhh $h!t son this budget build is gettin real!!! :) Thanks to my brother ""B"" for workin with me to get this build going, you are THE mayn "B"!!!

I'll post a pic or two in a little bit!!!

muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha (evil doctor laugh) :)

Tuned in. Loved my level six

I can't freaking wait!!! I've never heard a lvl 6 in person, I didn't make it down to see B while he had them in the Stormtrooper, and here in Colorado Springs, there isn't really anyone with anything close to that, I know in Denver there are, like Wicks on the forum he's in Denver but down in the springs not much on that level at all so I'm extra stoked!!! NOT hating on CT Sounds but I CAN"T STAND the stupid blue LED lights on the amp anymore, I was willing to pay them to change it to red or even just disconnect the blue LED but they said they can't so I'm checking out Sundown and DC for a new amp, my 4 chan amp is Sundown so that's why I'm looking into them, and DC cause it matches the sub. It is still a budget build so after I get the sub the amp will take me a little to save up for but I should be all good and install it all by end of spring/summer, Cause I still gotta keep up upgrading my electrical too, I've been doing that first so fam but I will need a couple batteries for the new amp for sure! DAMN I'm SOOOOO excited!! lol if you couldn't tell by my rambling! LOL! Oh and thanks for checkin out the thread even tho it's been inactive so long!

Archived