Fiberglass Wakeboard Tower Enclosure

I am going to build a fiberglass wakeboard tower enclosure for a friend. He wants 4 x 6"s and one 8 " Sub, all marine application components, no problems there. I will be seperating the 8" enclosure from the rest of the others. The sub will be in the middle, and two 6"s on each side. The glassing, filling, sanding, painting is not the question. My question is should the box be ported or sealed? I have built several enclosures, but all inside a vehicle. This will be wide open, hanging from a wakeboard tower and I want to get the most response from the sub as possible' will there even be a distinct difference?

What are your suggestions, follow up questions?

Thanks in advance!

You'll barely hear the bass with only a 8inch sub.

Best you can do is use pro audio drivers in a ported box just don't expect any decent output below 60Hz

Have you ever heard a wakeboard tower??

Also, don't use pro audio components. Something that small in pro audio world will only be a mid driver, it wont have the xmas a sub needs to preform half decently, oh and they aren't water proof

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

The problem is that I am very limited on budget, he only wants to spend around $200. I have about 80% of the fab materials so the costs to him are mostly on speakers and amp. I think I'll go with a sealed enclosure first, it'll be seperate from the rest and I can always rip into it and add a port.

Anyone else have any ideas?

I don't have any info on that sub box, because I don't know just like you which would perform better in the open, but how do you go about powering these? I was thinking, try and find a good 5 channel since your going to be running 5 speakers. I know skar is selling out their stock of a certain series 5 channel since they are discontinueing it.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

i wouldn't do ported, Stay sealed and it will keep the elements out of the enclosure. Sure they may be marine speakers but you don't want moisture collecting inside the box and causing mildew or mold.

Archived