So this bitter cold sucks. My trucks heater also suck. Anything I can do to get alot more heat out of it? My moms new journey heats up and blows hot heat at full fan in 5 mins. I can do 2/4 and get barely warm heat with it fully warmed up. Any higher it starts blowing cool air. Idk what to do. Mechanic backflushed and drained it. I blocked off probably 2/3 of the radiator to try to get some heat. But even then it still takes 15+mins to get good warmish air. Cools way down at stops.

Please guys. Anything little tricks you know to help it warm up faster or putout better heat?

Thanks

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

how's your thermostat. and what temp is it.

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

It was good a few months ago. And somewhere around 190. I was thinking about that. Get a higher temp on like 210 220.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

190-195 failsafe is what you need in your truck. that's the first thing I would check. if it's not that then it might be your heater core

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Air blend door couldn't be messed up. Or heater core needs replacing. Check the hoses going into and out of the heater core when truck is warm. If they are both the same temp the heater core should be flowing fine. If the inlet side is hot and outlet side just warm it could be clogged.

2010 Focus coupe- 8 12" wall. 157.5@46hz

2016 Focus ST - SQ build.

It was backflushed a few months ago. Our mechanic said a shit load of gunk came out. Could be clogged again? Had damn good heat and was warm within 4-5 mins. Ladyed for a month or so and went back to slow and just warm. Maybe backflush again?

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

yea I would say backflush again. and see if it helps

have you ever put any stop leak bullshit in the radiator? if so there is your problem. , especially if it was the kind with the metal flakes in it, usually the sealer will work too good, and either restrict the water pump, or destroy the water pump

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

• 2 weeks later...

Archived