Rear battery charge

I just upgraded my rear battery with a kinetik hc2400, from an hc1800. The rear batt voltage is 12.8 while the vehicle is running, but the front battery is seeing over 14v... any reasons why the rear battery isnt getting the 14v too?

Im not sure if the hc1800 was at 14v with the car on... im guessing it wasnt.

So, why is there a voltage difference between the front and rear batteries?

I have a HO DC power alt so that shouldnt be the issue, the charging voltage is good.

Check all fuses, connections, verify grounds are good.

rear battery isn't getting power. either the back battery isn't grounded well, or there is an issue with the positive wiring. either a lug crimp/solder issue, or a fuse holder connector issue.

Check all fuses, connections, verify grounds are good.

rear battery isn't getting power. either the back battery isn't grounded well, or there is an issue with the positive wiring. either a lug crimp/solder issue, or a fuse holder connector issue.

Agree.

You have a blown fuse in line to the front to rear. Or a connection issue.

EDIT - how many runs do you have front, to the rear bat in question ?

I have no clue. the fuse is fine. im gunna try with the old 1800 again and check it's charge since I was running with it for a few months with no problem... the amps are bolted at a different point than the rear battery. rear battery ground is bolted to some thick metal underneath the car. it was all working fine just the rear battery voltage is floating or whatever...

I checked continuty from the disconnected battery ground wire to one of the amp neg terminals too and it is there so both the grounds are connected to the chassis fine.

theres one run of 1/0 connecting the battery +s

you only have one fuse on the front to rear run??? not good.....

start your vehicle,

take your meter, and check voltage at every single "point" down the run.

Changing your battery wont do anything. If your battery was dead, you should still see alt charge on it........

12.8? That's like resting voltage....

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

So you're telling me that if you put the positive to the battery positive, and the negative to the ground on your car, it's 14.4. But if you put the negative to the negative post on your battery it's 12.8?

Archived