Sundown Audio

I was just wondering how much of a difference between the X's and the Zv4's there are, especially for the price difference. I'm trying as hard as possible to not make this a vs. thread but for the value, quality, SPL, etc. how much of a difference is there and if it were you, would you make the leap from purchasing X's to purchasing Zv4's.

Welcome to my sig :D

My build on my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4:

2 Sundown SA 12's

Sundown SAZ 1500d v3

Alpine CDE-HD148BT

Hertz 165 Speakers

Atrend Carbon Enclosure

Stinger SPP925 Battery

Sky High 2/0 & 1/0 Power Wire & Big 3

:domodance::domodance: Legal 145.2 dB. :morepower1: Team Sundown. :domodance::domodance:

cd64929e-8a60-41ea-b784-c5c6096f49b8_zps

Different subs all together.

ZV4 has a bigger magnet, flatwound coil, different spider pack. It can handle more power. It's the next step in their lineup

SA is to X as X is to zv4

DC level 4 is to level 5 as X is to zv4

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Ok, So if I'm going to build a custom box, should i take the stop to Zv4's and kill all my money, or go with X's and still have some money left over. Basically what i'm asking, is will I notice much of a difference (hearing wise not numbers)? I'm pretty sure the answer will be yes, but as far as someone who is still somewhat new and wants to gain experience, should I go with the x's?

2 Sundown SA 12's

Sundown SAZ 1500d v3

Alpine CDE-HD148BT

Hertz 165 Speakers

Atrend Carbon Enclosure

Stinger SPP925 Battery

:domodance::domodance: Legal 145.2 dB. :morepower1: Team Sundown. :domodance::domodance:

This is like when camaro guys wonder about corvettes. Is there a difference, yes. Subtle in some aspects greater in others. Are they worth it... Well, value is in the eye of the buyer. What do you need the sub to do? How much power do you have to feed it etc... These should answer the question of which to get. If buying the zv4 means your broke then odds are you can't afford to feed it correctly all the way around. Get the x

Buy a corvette then can't afford gas or insurance.... Don't be that guy

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

This is like when camaro guys wonder about corvettes. Is there a difference, yes. Subtle in some aspects greater in others. Are they worth it... Well, value is in the eye of the buyer. What do you need the sub to do? How much power do you have to feed it etc... These should answer the question of which to get. If buying the zv4 means your broke then odds are you can't afford to feed it correctly all the way around. Get the x

Buy a corvette then can't afford gas or insurance.... Don't be that guy

Perfectly Described. Literally couldn't have been put better lol. The only reason I'm wondering is that my local shop has a pair of zv4 12's that they made a box for to do in a Midwest SPL show, and they used it for that day and are trying to sell it now. So i'd be trading in my sa-12's and enclosure and getting the new setup for around 800 dollars. It seems like a pretty damn good deal considering the box is sexy as hell and the subs are brand new. But I won't be able to afford an amp for a while which means i'll be running my 1500d on 2 Zv4's lmfao... So you're right, i'd be under powering untill I could get 500+ to get at least a 3500d, even though I'd want to go for a 5000d or a DD m4 or something like that. I'm a huge sundown fan so I'd love to stay in the brand. At the moment I usually take baby steps and spend like 200-300 dollars at a time on upgrades, but it seems it's gonna take $800+ to upgrade considering I'm going to have to build a box no matter what, I'm still running on a prefab. Thanks Rolex, i appreciate it man.

2 Sundown SA 12's

Sundown SAZ 1500d v3

Alpine CDE-HD148BT

Hertz 165 Speakers

Atrend Carbon Enclosure

Stinger SPP925 Battery

The x's are overall better for lows, but if you're looking for numbers then zv4 is the way to go.

Oh?

• Like (+1 Rep) 5

i wanna hear this one. Please explain while the less powerful x line is better for lows.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Majority of the new fat surround sundowns are made for teh lows. They do have reconesfor higher notes but in reality it would be better just invest in zv3s totally off topic. Go for the X series svae a few bucks for the next upgrade

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab.