youngbass98 Posted March 4, 2014 Report Posted March 4, 2014 i am wondering if anyone has used them? would they work? would truck bed liner or any rubberized spray stop metal vibration sounds 06 monte carlo 2 12 rockford p3s soundstream rubicon 2500 crescendo audio mezzo 6.5 ct sounds 125.4 execution audio and shca wiring 2 xs d3400 on stock alt
timc31610 Posted March 4, 2014 Report Posted March 4, 2014 I think I have seen similar used in a few wall builds but normally bracing would run the width of the box, not just in the corners. Metal vibration sounds? Are those coming from your box? My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
hdorre Posted March 4, 2014 Report Posted March 4, 2014 i am wondering if anyone has used them? would they work? would truck bed liner or any rubberized spray stop metal vibration sounds We use MDF "rods" because they're MUCH cheaper. I used something like what u posted above for my amp rack.. Mine were just the metal elbows without the cross brace.. Fuckers were like $10ea On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
_paralyzed_ Posted March 4, 2014 Report Posted March 4, 2014 You have to worry about metal vibration when it is alone. Firmly attaching it to the mdf will dampen it and stop vibrations, nothing additional will be necessary.
Amart88 Posted March 4, 2014 Report Posted March 4, 2014 When I use steel, I Pl premium it before screwing. My 2005 s10 blazer build. 4 zcon 18's walled.
youngbass98 Posted March 4, 2014 Author Report Posted March 4, 2014 Thanks for the responses, I think I will go with dowel rods. They are a lot cheaper 06 monte carlo 2 12 rockford p3s soundstream rubicon 2500 crescendo audio mezzo 6.5 ct sounds 125.4 execution audio and shca wiring 2 xs d3400 on stock alt
Amart88 Posted March 4, 2014 Report Posted March 4, 2014 Threaded rod works well. Also threaded Black iron pipe. With the screwed flanges for the ends. My 2005 s10 blazer build. 4 zcon 18's walled.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.