Big 3 Final thoughts..Look Here Please

Ok so today i made all my cables for big 3 x 2 + alt (+ )and (-) cables. Can you guys give some feed back if all looks right. Ill be installing tomorrow morning.Did i forget anything ?

Both batteries under hood..

Battery 1

Negative to chassis

Negative to engine block

Negative to alt - stud

Negative to second battery

B+ to second battery

B+ to alt

Battery 2

+ and - from battery 1

Negative To engine block

Negative to chassis

Negative to radiator support

So question.. I have a 4 or 8 gauge cable that runs from battery 1 to a power distro, You guys with chevy truck/tahoe know what im talking about. Do i need to add to this or no ?

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

All looks good, just make sure you ADD the wires and not replace the stock ones.

As far as the power wire to the distro, are you talking about the one that goes from the alt to the distro to the battery? If so, leave all that alone and just run your new cable.

All looks good, just make sure you ADD the wires and not replace the stock ones.

As far as the power wire to the distro, are you talking about the one that goes from the alt to the distro to the battery? If so, leave all that alone and just run your new cable.

What do you mean only add the wires? If it is obvious that a wire directly connects two things like the alt to battery, why couldn't you just replace the stock one?

That wire runs to the distro which then runs to fuse/relay center under the hood...So i guess it powers the trucks electronics...computer etc

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

What do you mean only add the wires? If it is obvious that a wire directly connects two things like the alt to battery, why couldn't you just replace the stock one?

time and time again, that throws lights, that throws signals, that fucks shit up. it's wired that way for a reason. the car recognizes it. so all you want to do is ADD more paths, not remove any. Think of it like a river waterway type deal. It's flowing how nature wants it to. But you can do a side thing, make your own waterway and it'll help the flow of the river.

hopefully made sense, if not, hey, sorry.

Sheena = pedobear

Well first off, the whole reason we do the big three is to open up any bottle necks in the current flow, and if we take the stock wires off then that takes away that little bit of extra path for the current to pass through. Second, I have heard of some people having issues with the CEL coming on and other ECU related problems from removing stock wiring while doing the big 3. In theory, it shouldn't matter if you add or replace, but not every vehicle is the same and not everyone knows what can be safely taken out without issue. Plus it doesn't hurt anything to just leave them there.

Edit- Fucking ninjas :pardon:

so, it looks like this.....In this photo the alt wire is connected..So do i just leave it, sice both batts and alt are conected with 0

http://home.comcast.net/~x6369x/pics/sierra/big3-4.jpg

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

Archived