CleanSierra Posted March 5, 2014 Report Posted March 5, 2014 I edited my post, seriously sorry for the misread. I bet you thought I was crazy Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
timc31610 Posted March 5, 2014 Report Posted March 5, 2014 What style truck, extended or supercrew? That info will help when determining sub and port placement. When you upgrade the amp to fully power that sub i'll buy the 2200...lol The AQ @ 1 ohm can put out 2200w rms the HDC412 D2 can take 2000w rms. Not really getting where you're coming from... Like Cleansierra said, those subs can take way more than 2000 daily. I have an HDS312 and borrowed a friends AQ-2200 and all I can say is WOW! Took it like it was nothing. Sadly I had to give it back. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
99blazer Posted March 5, 2014 Author Report Posted March 5, 2014 i might invest in a 3500 later down road. but foe the next couple of years im going to be using the 2200 08 Ford F150
timc31610 Posted March 6, 2014 Report Posted March 6, 2014 This is pretty close to Cleansierra's suggestions. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
99blazer Posted March 6, 2014 Author Report Posted March 6, 2014 what kind of bracing is that? 2x2s, all threads 08 Ford F150
agf144 Posted March 6, 2014 Report Posted March 6, 2014 check ur woofer displacement This is pretty close to Cleansierra's suggestions. Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird.. He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke. 2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12 Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601 headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock mids/highs: shitty off brand
Socky Posted March 6, 2014 Report Posted March 6, 2014 id still go with the 4, only cause you have the ability to add another 2200 down the road. id run closer to a 2.75 to almost 3 since its such a stiff woofer on only 2k. Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell Kenwood H/U 1/0 wire, 136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily 2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's 3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz
99blazer Posted March 6, 2014 Author Report Posted March 6, 2014 cant get 3 with displacment 08 Ford F150
timc31610 Posted March 6, 2014 Report Posted March 6, 2014 I couldn't find displacement on SQ's website so I guessed. As far as bracing you could use 1/2" dowel rods. With those dimensions and sub/port orientation I don't see how he could get much bigger. Displacements I put in may be little high but not high enough to significantly impact volume really. I suppose you could use a couple of aeros but i'm not the one that would know best on those. Where is Joe X?...lol My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.