gckless Posted July 4, 2014 Author Report Posted July 4, 2014 haha can't wait to see this thing move Me neither bro, me neither. Gil, I may have to drive to San Antonio and hear this once it's up and running Shit's gonna be nuts Then I'll let you hear the three MD's lol Come on down man. You'll just have to excuse the ugly ass door panels lmao. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
g2shuck Posted July 5, 2014 Report Posted July 5, 2014 when can we get vids lol 2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk Sky High OFC Wiring DC Power 270 XP Alt AQ 2200 Sub Amp Two DC Level 4 m2 12s 80 Mil Murdetmat Gathering Parts For Wall Build. Team DC Audio 2014 Member
TaylorFade Posted July 5, 2014 Report Posted July 5, 2014 To rehash the older comments about the low tuning... it's not so he can play whale song. The lower the tuning gets on this monster, the flatter the response gets. You basically CANT tune it too low. But 25hz offers a nice bump in output while staying musical. Imagine everything you know about tuning for traditional subs and shift it 1/3 octave. It's 450sq in of cone with an Fs in the teens and a rather unforgiving Qts. It's going to be peaky in a ported enclosure one way or the other. Might as well help it out. Especially if you don't have to sacrifice output like you would with most of the drivers we use. This build should be pretty f'n nasty.
gckless Posted July 7, 2014 Author Report Posted July 7, 2014 when can we get vids lol As soon as I get the sub! I'll more than likely post those in my build log, which is in my sig. To rehash the older comments about the low tuning... it's not so he can play whale song. The lower the tuning gets on this monster, the flatter the response gets. You basically CANT tune it too low. But 25hz offers a nice bump in output while staying musical. Imagine everything you know about tuning for traditional subs and shift it 1/3 octave. It's 450sq in of cone with an Fs in the teens and a rather unforgiving Qts. It's going to be peaky in a ported enclosure one way or the other. Might as well help it out. Especially if you don't have to sacrifice output like you would with most of the drivers we use. This build should be pretty f'n nasty. Hellz yeah, hopin it gets rowdy. Roof is going to hate me. I was actually able to get it down to 24Hz tuning with a decent amount of port area. Tuning that low hopefully I won't need a huge amount of port, but like you explained, this is a bit different. I'll see how it does once I get it. Only other option is a wall. C pillar at about 22Hz or B pillar T-line are my options there. Not really sure on the space requirements of the T-line just yet, just a thought right now. Wonder if I could squeeze a horn in there. Hmmmmm. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.