Sonic Electronix

So recently i installed the AVH 1400DVD in my Opel Corsa and it turned out to be a nice HU

but there is something that bothers me

while i was having a ˝normal˝ standard alpine radio the sub could play even at lower volumes...

while the Pioneer does not, so i need to turn the volume almost at the point while it does not clip/ the point of max volume(38 of 40----radio clips at 40), while having all the SUbwoofer settings at 0------but still the sub is barely audible

i then could get teh subwoofer level to +3 but then it get stinky real quick and verry hot....which i do not understand ,because before i had the Pioneer AVH1400, i could play full tilt on my alpine and the sub does not get hot at all....maybe slightly warm but thats it

for now i set/turned the Gain( was set with a dd-1) a little bit higher as it resulted to help a little but, but the sub still does not sound as it was before...

had alpine settings like this

bass -4

mid -2

treble -1

subwoofer 0

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Go to the sub menu and turn the phase from normal to reverse see what happens. I have a 2400 and I reverse the phase. I can hear it on normal phase but it sounds better, is louder and hits more frequencies on reverse phase. No idea why this is. The oscope seems to show no difference but the sound is night and day, still don't understand it.

but i dont understand even if my gains are sets correcty, and the sub level is at 0 why it get sudently hot after a 5-8 minute of play, and a sub is slightly better audible

before i could bang for a long time and the subs get almost warm, and sounded waaay louder

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

turn the subwoofer volume up to its max level. you should be able to get it at 15 without the preouts clipping, and retune the amp with it set at its max. Then use the subwoofer volume on the deck to adjust the loudness of the woofer on the fly never going past the undistorted volume for the subwoofer volume.

turning the subwoofer volume down, and being disappointed with no output from the sub is due to you turning your rca preout voltage from 4volts down to 0.2volts

I mean if the sub and amp is the same, as before with the alpine and you just changed the alpine radio out for the pioneer and its getting hot and stinky now, you have something set wrong with the headunit.

turn the subwoofer volume up to its max level. you should be able to get it at 15 without the preouts clipping, and retune the amp with it set at its max. Then use the subwoofer volume on the deck to adjust the loudness of the woofer on the fly never going past the undistorted volume for the subwoofer volume.

turning the subwoofer volume down, and being disappointed with no output from the sub is due to you turning your rca preout voltage from 4volts down to 0.2volts

I mean if the sub and amp is the same, as before with the alpine and you just changed the alpine radio out for the pioneer and its getting hot and stinky now, you have something set wrong with the headunit.

hmm..i will try that...thanks

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

so ive tried the solution which audio fanaticz told and it was the right one...thank you sir for that

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

my jvc Is like that. if i have it at 0 i get almost 0 sound from sub. when i turn it to plus 8 (max) then adjust the gain its slamming!

i have a question concerning this issue. i just did a install in a 97 ws6. it was 2 jl w7 10s 2 jl500/1 and a pioneer flip out touch screen. when i set the gains i put it on 0 and then tuned. it slams as much as i thought it Would. then playing around with the settings i noticed you can go to +6 on the sub level. my question is should i put it on +6 then retune the gains or just leave it alone. i dont think it would sound much different either way but i wanna make sure I'm correct. oh it goes down to -15 any help/info is appreciated!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

mine it go down to -22 and up to +6...wit hthe current settings i could go to +4(out of +6) but im on +2 because it dont get violent so much..

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

• 1 month later...

my jvc Is like that. if i have it at 0 i get almost 0 sound from sub. when i turn it to plus 8 (max) then adjust the gain its slamming!

i have a question concerning this issue. i just did a install in a 97 ws6. it was 2 jl w7 10s 2 jl500/1 and a pioneer flip out touch screen. when i set the gains i put it on 0 and then tuned. it slams as much as i thought it Would. then playing around with the settings i noticed you can go to +6 on the sub level. my question is should i put it on +6 then retune the gains or just leave it alone. i dont think it would sound much different either way but i wanna make sure I'm correct. oh it goes down to -15 any help/info is appreciated!

Some HU's make their rated output RCA voltage at 0 and some need to be turned up to max. In your case you had to turn it up, in your friends case he may be fine at 0. I am not sure but you could look it up or ask around here for his specific HU

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

ok if 0 worls I'll leave it. if it's not broke don't fix it..

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff