Triticum Agricolam Posted March 14, 2014 Report Posted March 14, 2014 If you are determined to use 5/8" MDF you will need to brace it significantly. You will probably still come out ahead volume-wise. I would try to not have more than 8" of un-braced span. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Joe X Posted March 14, 2014 Report Posted March 14, 2014 Would that hit pretty hard? I mean, I want to be able to get some flex out of this 12 I'm getting I posted that to give you an idea on how to layout the round ports basically so that you know if you go with the dual 4" route. I will add this, the stiff, heavy and well bolted box delivers the goods better than box that flexes itself even if it manages the extra 0.3 cubes, secondly use the PSP calculator when doing multiple round ports rather than Torres as it's not very accurate.
Jose luis 12 Posted March 14, 2014 Author Report Posted March 14, 2014 So when you do multiple ports on psp, is that the measurement for each tube or for both put together
Jose luis 12 Posted March 14, 2014 Author Report Posted March 14, 2014 Oh okay, I will probably begin building the box on Wednesday
Jose luis 12 Posted March 16, 2014 Author Report Posted March 16, 2014 Can anyone design me a box that's 36 wide, 14 deep, 14 high. With a square port tuned at 32hz. Using a sundown x-12 and running a rockford fosgate p1000.1bd
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.