Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Subs comparable to MTX 7515-04 Silver


jdshott

Recommended Posts

Posted

Bro I thought you had a box

Check My Post like I said I HAD 2 15" Mtx Subs in a MEGA Box and they slammed HAARRRDDD. I no longer have a prefab box . I now have a custom 4 15" with 4 4" round ports . Also im looking for single VC so I can load 1 Ohm @ the subs amp.

If you need a new box then I maintain that you don't have enough for all 4 15s unless you are looking to go really tall then you might as well make a wall, then you might have enough room. You might need to get fewer subs, or smaller ones.

If you are meaning a new box for 2 subs then thatss a different story. Hit up JoeX and see what he can do.

I do have a custom box . just trying to see what other ideas you guys have . i have pics in my garage if anybody has other ideas. my problem with my current box is i have no ideas . other than i would like to goto a square or slotted port . and if im going to do that i would like the box to match the subs . no use in changing port style and not match box size to subs.

No 1 But me paid for this stuff and NO FREEBIES so no brand names (No Free Advertisement )

A SQ head unit

6 5.25

2 X 6x9s

7804

P400.4

4001D

1 34s (Maybe time to change brand)

4 X 15" s

!/0 @ 2/0 OFC Wiring

:morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1:

ill say it like i always say it. F##K the DD-1. I don't care if you or anyone buys one. (well i do, but that isn't my point) Get an O-scope in the very minimum and learn how to use it or you are just guessing your settings like every other noob. :) once you master the O-scope then step up to a DD-1 or even better a DD-1 Plus.


Posted

Post the maximum dimensions you have to work with and the dimensions of your current box ( a pic or sketch if possible too), just to see if anything can be done.

Posted

Post the maximum dimensions you have to work with and the dimensions of your current box ( a pic or sketch if possible too), just to see if anything can be done.

i will after i get off tonight :nuts:

No 1 But me paid for this stuff and NO FREEBIES so no brand names (No Free Advertisement )

A SQ head unit

6 5.25

2 X 6x9s

7804

P400.4

4001D

1 34s (Maybe time to change brand)

4 X 15" s

!/0 @ 2/0 OFC Wiring

:morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1:

ill say it like i always say it. F##K the DD-1. I don't care if you or anyone buys one. (well i do, but that isn't my point) Get an O-scope in the very minimum and learn how to use it or you are just guessing your settings like every other noob. :) once you master the O-scope then step up to a DD-1 or even better a DD-1 Plus.


Posted

ok so my current box is 36" Wide x 34" Long x 25" High with 4 4" round ports.... box is 3/4" MDF all the way around except for the top that is 2 x 3/4" sheets to hold the weight. inside the box are 2 curved pieces of wood (to chamber the air I guess?)

the space I have is 34" x 25" x 46" the high sux because of how much the the back doors are curved .

I am still not sure on how to post pics in a topic I will see if I can I do have some pics of the box empty .

No 1 But me paid for this stuff and NO FREEBIES so no brand names (No Free Advertisement )

A SQ head unit

6 5.25

2 X 6x9s

7804

P400.4

4001D

1 34s (Maybe time to change brand)

4 X 15" s

!/0 @ 2/0 OFC Wiring

:morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1:

ill say it like i always say it. F##K the DD-1. I don't care if you or anyone buys one. (well i do, but that isn't my point) Get an O-scope in the very minimum and learn how to use it or you are just guessing your settings like every other noob. :) once you master the O-scope then step up to a DD-1 or even better a DD-1 Plus.


Posted

^^^ those are more than twice the sub of even a mtx 9500. you wont be disappointed

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

Posted

ok so my current box is 36" Wide x 34" Long x 25" High with 4 4" round ports.... box is 3/4" MDF all the way around except for the top that is 2 x 3/4" sheets to hold the weight. inside the box are 2 curved pieces of wood (to chamber the air I guess?)

the space I have is 34" x 25" x 46" the high sux because of how much the the back doors are curved .

I am still not sure on how to post pics in a topic I will see if I can I do have some pics of the box empty .

Here's how to post pis on here:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/175929-how-to-post-and-resize-photos-with-photobucket-tutorial/

Definitely your port area is low, 3-4 6" flared ports would be more like it specially if you are sourcing over rated, the box size seem in range. Also are you running the subs a 1 ohm?

Post pics of the box you have... but as John suggests above different subs is likely is what's needed to get a meaningful step up in performance, if you are open to try different subs state a budget, the suggested subs are great but really expensive.

Posted

No 1 But me paid for this stuff and NO FREEBIES so no brand names (No Free Advertisement )

A SQ head unit

6 5.25

2 X 6x9s

7804

P400.4

4001D

1 34s (Maybe time to change brand)

4 X 15" s

!/0 @ 2/0 OFC Wiring

:morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1:

ill say it like i always say it. F##K the DD-1. I don't care if you or anyone buys one. (well i do, but that isn't my point) Get an O-scope in the very minimum and learn how to use it or you are just guessing your settings like every other noob. :) once you master the O-scope then step up to a DD-1 or even better a DD-1 Plus.


Posted

Frontwards towards the 3rd row seat .

No 1 But me paid for this stuff and NO FREEBIES so no brand names (No Free Advertisement )

A SQ head unit

6 5.25

2 X 6x9s

7804

P400.4

4001D

1 34s (Maybe time to change brand)

4 X 15" s

!/0 @ 2/0 OFC Wiring

:morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1:

ill say it like i always say it. F##K the DD-1. I don't care if you or anyone buys one. (well i do, but that isn't my point) Get an O-scope in the very minimum and learn how to use it or you are just guessing your settings like every other noob. :) once you master the O-scope then step up to a DD-1 or even better a DD-1 Plus.


Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3290 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...