Second Skin Audio

Subs comparable to MTX 7515-04 Silver

jdshott

Bro I thought you had a box

Check My Post like I said I HAD 2 15" Mtx Subs in a MEGA Box and they slammed HAARRRDDD. I no longer have a prefab box . I now have a custom 4 15" with 4 4" round ports . Also im looking for single VC so I can load 1 Ohm @ the subs amp.

If you need a new box then I maintain that you don't have enough for all 4 15s unless you are looking to go really tall then you might as well make a wall, then you might have enough room. You might need to get fewer subs, or smaller ones.

If you are meaning a new box for 2 subs then thatss a different story. Hit up JoeX and see what he can do.

I do have a custom box . just trying to see what other ideas you guys have . i have pics in my garage if anybody has other ideas. my problem with my current box is i have no ideas . other than i would like to goto a square or slotted port . and if im going to do that i would like the box to match the subs . no use in changing port style and not match box size to subs.

No 1 But me paid for this stuff and NO FREEBIES so no brand names (No Free Advertisement )

A SQ head unit

6 5.25

2 X 6x9s

P400.4

4001D

1 34s (Maybe time to change brand)

4 X 15" s

!/0 @ 2/0 OFC Wiring

:morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1:

ill say it like i always say it. F##K the DD-1. I don't care if you or anyone buys one. (well i do, but that isn't my point) Get an O-scope in the very minimum and learn how to use it or you are just guessing your settings like every other noob. :) once you master the O-scope then step up to a DD-1 or even better a DD-1 Plus.

Post the maximum dimensions you have to work with and the dimensions of your current box ( a pic or sketch if possible too), just to see if anything can be done.

i will after i get off tonight :nuts:

No 1 But me paid for this stuff and NO FREEBIES so no brand names (No Free Advertisement )

A SQ head unit

6 5.25

2 X 6x9s

P400.4

4001D

4 X 15" s

!/0 @ 2/0 OFC Wiring

ill say it like i always say it. F##K the DD-1. I don't care if you or anyone buys one. (well i do, but that isn't my point) Get an O-scope in the very minimum and learn how to use it or you are just guessing your settings like every other noob. :) once you master the O-scope then step up to a DD-1 or even better a DD-1 Plus.

ok so my current box is 36" Wide x 34" Long x 25" High with 4 4" round ports.... box is 3/4" MDF all the way around except for the top that is 2 x 3/4" sheets to hold the weight. inside the box are 2 curved pieces of wood (to chamber the air I guess?)

the space I have is 34" x 25" x 46" the high sux because of how much the the back doors are curved .

I am still not sure on how to post pics in a topic I will see if I can I do have some pics of the box empty .

A SQ head unit

6 5.25

2 X 6x9s

P400.4

4001D

4 X 15" s

!/0 @ 2/0 OFC Wiring

^^^ those are more than twice the sub of even a mtx 9500. you wont be disappointed

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

ok so my current box is 36" Wide x 34" Long x 25" High with 4 4" round ports.... box is 3/4" MDF all the way around except for the top that is 2 x 3/4" sheets to hold the weight. inside the box are 2 curved pieces of wood (to chamber the air I guess?)

the space I have is 34" x 25" x 46" the high sux because of how much the the back doors are curved .

I am still not sure on how to post pics in a topic I will see if I can I do have some pics of the box empty .

Here's how to post pis on here:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/175929-how-to-post-and-resize-photos-with-photobucket-tutorial/

Definitely your port area is low, 3-4 6" flared ports would be more like it specially if you are sourcing over rated, the box size seem in range. Also are you running the subs a 1 ohm?

Post pics of the box you have... but as John suggests above different subs is likely is what's needed to get a meaningful step up in performance, if you are open to try different subs state a budget, the suggested subs are great but really expensive.

A SQ head unit

6 5.25

2 X 6x9s

P400.4

4001D

4 X 15" s

!/0 @ 2/0 OFC Wiring

Frontwards towards the 3rd row seat .

A SQ head unit

6 5.25

2 X 6x9s

P400.4

4001D

4 X 15" s

!/0 @ 2/0 OFC Wiring

Archived