Down side of large rims on sedans fwd? No hating please..gtfo if ur gonna hate

There's a difference between doing your brakes and really doing your brakes. Once you hit a point where you can't lock up if needed you need to go to more pad and rotor contact and more clamping power. Not stock replacements. Chances are you won't find that type of thing at a local parts chain.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

18s on my ford focus, (stock 15") and I noticed no mpg loss. There could be a few miles difference per tank but such a small distance that it's bit easily noticeable. Turning radius is fine but it's a small car and easy to move around. car has mustang gt calipers and ford focus svt rotors (300mm instead of stock 250?mm) and the previous owner paid roughly 800+ shipping and labor to get that done rear are stock drums. No real issues with it and I've put over 50k miles in total with these wheels. also my Speedo isn't off at all. Checked with both drivingside by side with other people and an officer was kind enough to let me drive past while he checked with guys gun. Did it at 35, 45, and 60 (speed limit on the road was 55)

Nit really that comparable to an impala on 22-24" wheels but in general everything being mentioned is a worst case scenario. Not that it won't happen but it's not like there is no chance it won't. With the Speedo if it's off they can be adjusted. Slowing down early and giving more space is always wise so breaking us more of a common sense thing. Know the car and give plenty if room to slow down. It would be more stress on the car sure to the weight and rotational mass but easy driving will help and it's a risk you have to accept. Ride quality will suck due to less rubber between you and the road.

IMO 20s with some 40 series tires would look nice and have better ride with less weight/rotational mass.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Going from. 15 to an 18 is not even a comparison to going from a 16 to a 24. My 24s weigh 97 lbs a piece that's a ton of weight at each corner. What we are all sayin will happen. It's just a matter of time. Your speedo isn't off because it's possible to have the same diameter with a 15 and a fat tire as it is with an 18 and a lower profile. While saying break early is good advice it's not always possible either

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Yes. I put the 24s on and a week later did the brakes. I'm going to do a rear disk conversion this summer so I have better rear options

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

I've got ssbc. Not many companies is offer a solution for my truck in 4wd.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

I did say it's not really comparable since he wants to use such a big wheel.

braking early is good advice no matter the situation. yes sometimes you can't avoid but to spam on the brakes. at the same time as long as op us doing what he has to do as a responsible driver the only time he could possibly have to hit the brakes suddenly is if someone else isn't following the laws and being a responsible driver. It does happen though and the size if wheel doesn't change the other drivers choice to make such a stupid and risky choice.

It would be wise to use a better caliper and have more area of context between the rotor and pads. Which in some cases can be done with stock parts from parts stores and some modifications to get them mounted/fitted right. most vehicles 80% of the stopping power is from the front brakes so a simple upgrade of nicer pads and rotors would work for the rear IMO. That's assuming you already have disc brakes in the rear.

Even after better brakes there will be times that you have issues with other drivers curing it into the road in front if you our not paying attention and slamming on their brakes to avoid rear ending someone. To avoid that you just leave extra room between you and the car in front of you and pay attention to people hauling ass into the road like an idiot., seeing them jump before they even make it into the road gives you an early reaction. Now you won't always notice that stuff and there will always be that risk but doing your best to keep yourself safe is in far going to be better then any brake upgrade. Increase your stopping power all you want if your driving like an idiot they won't do you any good.

Simply put

Drive more cautious

Increase stopping power

Don't be stupid

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Auto patrs will nvr cost me retail..I spent 2 yrs working in the auto parts industry an have made alot of friends..I know ppl working in autozone auto anything oriely carquest metro auto parts managers and associates..so a discount isnt hard for me to find..I dont know where your buying these rediculously priced parts but to upgrade a braking system would only cost me less than 400 on a car like mine for all four

I have wilwood on my camaro and brembo on my nav, stainless lines on both. That's a bit different than your $400 junk ass ebay special crap you're bragging about. Again, if you aren't willing to do it right, why do it at all?

Its not ebay its good parts like orielys ..and what im reffering to is finding another car that has bigger brakes but the same lug patrern and getting a brand new caliper .pad and rotor..just because you felt you had to buy from some custom aftermarket vendor..doesnt mean it has to be done that way..like the guy with the focus said he has mustang brakes that are bigger than his stock ones..its than simple..you just have to know what you are doin....

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

To clarify all I have to do is remove the caliper abd bracket and take em to the store and find a bigger caliper that fits the bracket. Then find a bigger rotor that fits the lug pattern and get the pads that fit the caliper. Theres more than 1 way to do things.

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Archived