alpine hu distortion

hi smd I have an alpine hu and when I tested with the dd-1 with track 0db it dosent gave me distortion with sub level +15 and volume 35 (maximum). what shall I do leave the hu at volume 34 and turn up the bassboost from the amp till the red light comes on on the dd-1 on track 0db?

thanks for your help

Sub level on the Alpine is a Gain level. I did exactly what your talking about and turned up the bass till I found distortion. that gives you the option of turning down the bass. Alpines and Kenwoods run clean.

Some headunits are distortion free at their max volume with the subwoofer preout turned all the way up.

Ie your alpine at volume 35 of 35 with the subwoofer level at 15 of 15.

So dont worry about the distortion led coming on. thats a good thing.

Move on to tuning your amp(s) gain.

so I set my hu to 35 maximum and I go for the -5db or -10db track? and I leave the bassboost from the amp to all the way down and bass on hu flat?

thanks for helping me guys

i used -10 for my sub amp, After setting your hu( everything should have been flat, set the gain on amp..

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

Yes, If you dont like how it sounds when your done , do it again setting bass booston amp a little higher and adjusting you gain accordingly ...I dont use bass boost on amps or hu, so thats all up too you and what you like

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

Archived