Sundown Audio

High Pitched Noise Coming From Amplifier

WaCkKoO

Hello! I have a noise related issue, and I really don't know what to do :(

So, for the past few months I have noticed an intermittent high pitched noise coming from my Pioneer mono amplifier. Its really high pitched, but does not seem to come from the speakers or subwoofer. It comes on randomly, and will be apparent even when no music is playing. There is no way to get rid of the noise except for turning off the radio. Sometimes turning the radio off and then back on gets rid of the noise, but it is still very intermittent, as I will here it some days and not on other days. The noise does not change pitch and it doesn't really get louder or softer, but I can hear it in the driver's seat of my Jeep Cherokee with the amplifier in the trunk.

The noise has not always happened. I did put in a new radio, a CDE-HD149BT, along with a line driver to the amplifier (which I have since removed, but the noise has still reappeared). I also changed the grounding point for the amplifier to one of the seat belt bolts (a friend said that would be a better ground). I also have a LC-1 that I use as my bass knob. I also ran the power and ground for my radio straight to the battery.

Do you guys think its an issue internally with the amp? Its currently mounted on the back of the seat in the trunk. It does kinda get moved a round a little bit. Which reminds me! There was also a day this past winter where I noticed FROST on the amplifier! I'm sure that could also be a factor, but have you guys ever had an issue with frost? Could the line driver have caused an issue? The only reason I bought it was because my friend tried to convince me my amplifier would consume less power and be louder (that's almost a completely new topic I could post about lol).

Sorry this got kind of long! Any help you guys could give would be awesome!

Oh, the amplifier is a Pioneer GM-D9601 and I have a Sundown Audio SA-15 wired to 1 ohm, 4 gauge Stinger wiring, with Stinger and Rockford RCA'S. Stock electrical, some upgraded wiring to 0 gauge under the hood.

How did u set ur gains? Mine all seemed to do that during tuning.. when they were clipping

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I actually have just acquired a DD-1 in the past few days! I have just used it and am keeping an ear out for the noise. Prior to that, I just set my gain by ear. My gain was kept real low for the longest time since I had that line driver increasing the RCA voltage.

Check all your grounds. And you should really use at least 2 gauge wire with that amp. Make sure your amp is secure so it doesn't cause connections to become loose.

Sounds like that you may have an issue with your HU.

truthsayer

Sounds like something might be wrong with the amplifier, either you can take it in and see what is exactly going on with it and possibly pay to have it repaired or get something bigger and better. I guess you could use it as an excuse for upgrading.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

If you didn't notice this problem until you installed either a new hu or Lc-1. start trouble shooting their.

truthsayer

Unhook all the RCA patch cords and see if you still get the noise and hook one piece up at a time.

Start with just the one rca and work you way up to the H/U one piece and one cable at a time to find out which one is causing the issue.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived