Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

What sub should I get??


SirJimbles

Recommended Posts

Posted

But seriously I was thinking about a level 5 18 but was not sure if i was under powering it.

You should have started with that. That amp will push a lvl 5 very nicely. With proper gains set, you could get away with a DC XL.

Posted

But the more important question is if you can sustain that 2500 watts of power.

Alternator, battery(s), wire, everything needed to keep you from hurting your equipment and playing right.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Posted

Just pick one and build.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Posted

Also I am aware that is a serious woofer. I am also looking at Fi bl, btl, SQ hdc4 or an hcca 15.2

All of those subs will do great on that amp. Build the proper box which sub you get and you'll be fine. Also make sure you have enough electrical to run the amp.

Posted

You'll have to find out how much amperage your alternator can put out, describe the battery along with how long the run(s) will be.

Someone here might stay up and help, but I'm passing out for the night.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Posted

Well right now the batts. Stock but eventually ill upgrade to a pair of yellow tops or some other deep cycle batts. And well the suburbans a big car so probably around 10-12ish? feet

Also im not sure how many amps the alt puts out but ill check tomorow.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3225 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...