Second Skin Audio

help me choose the right 15s

greg4510

You have space for most 15s, pick your subs based on the power you intend to use and budget, musicality and low end extension can be controlled (to some extent) through the box parameters, just try avoid SPL oriented subs, pick something meant to work for daily applications, if you want sound quality also, pick a driver made for that.

Why are you so opposed to the fosgates? Lol

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

poor greg thinking where trying to gang up on him to buy justin's fosgates haha, if he was on the fourm long enough he would know that we are just here to help.

the fosgates are a great deal for what your getting that's why im atleast recommending them

I'm in no way trying to pressure you into buying my equipment haha. Honestly, I'd want them to end up with someone who knows what they are and can appreciate some old school Fosgate stuff.

There are plenty of options out there Greg, Soundqubed being a good one. There are also the SSA subs and the other usual suspect brands like Fi, Ascendant audio, Crossfire, DC, etc. I can assure you however, that you won't be getting a 4" coil and their top of the line gear for what you'd pay for the subs I have.

Look sound and make an informed decision and I'm sure you'll be happy with the choice you make. I will tell you this: enclosure will be a HUGE part of whether your sub stage succeeds or fails, as Joe mentioned. You will need an enclosure designed for your vehicle and the subs/power and music style you listen to. A great sub can sound like garbage in the wrong box. If and when you get your subs bought, hit us up hear and one of us can design you something that you'll love.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Trust me I appreciate everything you guys are telling me and believe me i'm familiar with the old Rockford stuff.

I think one of the problems is I just wanted to use a name I haven't used before in a system I've used Rockford, treo, mmats, powerbass, memphis ,re audio just wanted to see what else you guys could suggest. Like I say i'm really considering those Rockford cause that's a great price

Archived