Duece22 Posted March 19, 2014 Report Posted March 19, 2014 Hey guys! I know a lot of people dislike super tweets but I happen to love the sound of certain ones. I've heard really bad super tweets too lol. One thing is I can't keep them from blowing lol. Do i need to wire in a resistor of some sort to each tweet? Do you guys have a pair of super tweets to suggest? I was thinking the Crescendo FT1. I'd say my budget is around 50-100$ per tweet maybe more I would be pairing these supers tweets with a JL Audio G6600 6ch & x2 SA 6.5 Component sets. 2008 Hummer H3 x2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V2 12s x1 Sundown Audio 3000D
Amart88 Posted March 19, 2014 Report Posted March 19, 2014 I have some FT1's. I like them quite well so far. They are not overly harsh as many super tweets are known for. You need a good crossover to keep them from blowing. I have crescendos FT1 crossovers on mine. They make their own specifically for the ft1's but that goes for any tweeter. My 2005 s10 blazer build. 4 zcon 18's walled.
Popwarhomie Posted March 19, 2014 Report Posted March 19, 2014 What are you using for crossovers for the tweets? Are you clipping them? 2010 Focus coupe- 8 12" wall. 157.5@46hz 2016 Focus ST - SQ build.
Duece22 Posted March 19, 2014 Author Report Posted March 19, 2014 I have some FT1's. I like them quite well so far. They are not overly harsh as many super tweets are known for. You need a good crossover to keep them from blowing. I have crescendos FT1 crossovers on mine. They make their own specifically for the ft1's but that goes for any tweeter. Sweet. I figured they would sound nice. & now that I think of it we kept running the super tweets without crossovers & was hoping we could change the hpf to keep them from blowing. I need to look into buying the appropriate crossover for whichever super tweet we end up going with. Thanks a lot! 2008 Hummer H3 x2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V2 12s x1 Sundown Audio 3000D
Duece22 Posted March 19, 2014 Author Report Posted March 19, 2014 What are you using for crossovers for the tweets? Are you clipping them? No crossovers on the super tweets lol. & yeah I probably was clipping them to be honest, I'm not sure how to fully negate clipping. 2008 Hummer H3 x2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V2 12s x1 Sundown Audio 3000D
Amart88 Posted March 19, 2014 Report Posted March 19, 2014 I have some FT1's. I like them quite well so far. They are not overly harsh as many super tweets are known for. You need a good crossover to keep them from blowing. I have crescendos FT1 crossovers on mine. They make their own specifically for the ft1's but that goes for any tweeter. Sweet. I figured they would sound nice. & now that I think of it we kept running the super tweets without crossovers & was hoping we could change the hpf to keep them from blowing. I need to look into buying the appropriate crossover for whichever super tweet we end up going with. Thanks a lot! FT1 crossovers: http://store.crescendoaudio.com/ft1-tweeter-crossover/ EDIT: set your gains with a dd1 or oscope and you will fix your clipping issues. Also play clean music, not that ripped off of youtube trash. My 2005 s10 blazer build. 4 zcon 18's walled.
gckless Posted March 19, 2014 Report Posted March 19, 2014 Almost guaranteed you didn't blow them from distortion, but from running them in full range. Put a crossover on them at atleast double Fs (that's the rule of thumb, many people don't pay attention to that and are fine. It's a frequency vs. power seesaw) and run them on rated or below power and you should be ok with most music. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
Duece22 Posted March 19, 2014 Author Report Posted March 19, 2014 I have some FT1's. I like them quite well so far. They are not overly harsh as many super tweets are known for. You need a good crossover to keep them from blowing. I have crescendos FT1 crossovers on mine. They make their own specifically for the ft1's but that goes for any tweeter. Sweet. I figured they would sound nice. & now that I think of it we kept running the super tweets without crossovers & was hoping we could change the hpf to keep them from blowing. I need to look into buying the appropriate crossover for whichever super tweet we end up going with. Thanks a lot! FT1 crossovers: http://store.crescendoaudio.com/ft1-tweeter-crossover/ EDIT: set your gains with a dd1 or oscope and you will fix your clipping issues. Also play clean music, not that ripped off of youtube trash. Thank you very much. Have you heard any better tweets than your FT1s? 2008 Hummer H3 x2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V2 12s x1 Sundown Audio 3000D
tacomaguy1 Posted March 19, 2014 Report Posted March 19, 2014 I'm using the ones from audioque, well I guess sq now But I like them. No external crossovers, using my Alpine 9887 to take care of that Team Flex Issues
Amart88 Posted March 19, 2014 Report Posted March 19, 2014 Almost guaranteed you didn't blow them from distortion, but from running them in full range. Put a crossover on them at atleast double Fs (that's the rule of thumb, many people don't pay attention to that and are fine. It's a frequency vs. power seesaw) and run them on rated or below power and you should be ok with most music. All of the high passes and power ratings in the world will not save it form a clipped signal. I have some FT1's. I like them quite well so far. They are not overly harsh as many super tweets are known for. You need a good crossover to keep them from blowing. I have crescendos FT1 crossovers on mine. They make their own specifically for the ft1's but that goes for any tweeter. Sweet. I figured they would sound nice. & now that I think of it we kept running the super tweets without crossovers & was hoping we could change the hpf to keep them from blowing. I need to look into buying the appropriate crossover for whichever super tweet we end up going with. Thanks a lot! FT1 crossovers: http://store.crescendoaudio.com/ft1-tweeter-crossover/ EDIT: set your gains with a dd1 or oscope and you will fix your clipping issues. Also play clean music, not that ripped off of youtube trash. Thank you very much. Have you heard any better tweets than your FT1s? It all comes down to personal preference, I've heard a few and I like the FT'1s personally. My 2005 s10 blazer build. 4 zcon 18's walled.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.