Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

dc upgrade


Recommended Posts

Posted

I currently have 2 DC level 3 m2 15s and wanted to move up in the ladder. Electrical will be handled before I upgrade but I wanted to get some suggestions first. Would I really notice a difference if upgraded to level 4s?

Posted

That's an interesting question, I to would like to know (was going to get the SQ's 1200 watt rms versions) but sourcing a local dealer here for DC's.

nothing to see here...

 
Posted

i don´t know about DC Audio, but, i can say that every brand i´ve tested, no matter if i use small power, the better the sub the louder i get because , even with a much stiffer suspension, they are more efficient also, like i said don´t know about DC, but trust me, with 500 watts you get louder with a dd 9500 rather than a dd 2500, loudforce 90 series rather than loudforce 85 series, cadence daytona rather than cadence s2 and a few other brands i´ve tested.

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Posted

Yes but only if the power is matched. By that I mean, don't really expect a level 5 for example to be louder or whatnot than a level 2, if you're feeding both 500 watts. But if you give the level 2 what it's rated for and the level 5 what it's rated for, yes the 5 will be a lot louder. (Not what you asked as far as levels but, you get the point. Get a bigger amp as well and you'll notice the difference.)

Sheena = pedobear

Posted

Yes but only if the power is matched. By that I mean, don't really expect a level 5 for example to be louder or whatnot than a level 2, if you're feeding both 500 watts. But if you give the level 2 what it's rated for and the level 5 what it's rated for, yes the 5 will be a lot louder. (Not what you asked as far as levels but, you get the point. Get a bigger amp as well and you'll notice the difference.)

yea I was upgrading everything so I got ya on the feeding them their rated power. Reason why I'm waiting and doing electrical first before I decide on anything
Posted

dont wast you money on the lvl4 go straight to the xl of lvl5

the difference between the lvl3 and lvl4 is 0.5mm of xmas and 500rms rated extra

well with the $90 extra each if deceiding between the 2 but not for an upgrade, when you'll drop close to $4-500 after the sale of your subs and extra $$$ for the 1000rms extra

where as the xl will only be $100ea more then the lvl4

for 3mm more xmas and 2200rms rated

Posted

another thing to consider is have you thought about other brands,

not bashing dc, but there are a heap of other brands for the price of the lvl4, giving xl performance

Posted

another thing to consider is have you thought about other brands,

not bashing dc, but there are a heap of other brands for the price of the lvl4, giving xl performance

I really haven't and didn't want to make this a vs thread but what would you suggest is a good alternative?
Posted

Post what you have power wise

Or plane in power wise (elect and amp)

Space available

$$$ figure and what u want to achieve

As every sub will perform different and achieve different results

For example the fiQ will give you really good at sq on 1500rms

The sundown X is a low end monster with a heap of Xmas so it will get low and load again 1500rms

You get what I mean

Many will run more then that each but both take that daily with easy

So you kneed to post as much as you can about what want and have to run

And let the box and $$$ decide

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3225 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...